Depression meds?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Apr 19, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

What is the most effective depression med for men? I have heard cymbalta was good but not so good for men. I will be starting meds soon.
  2. code34me

code34me New Member

I have not heard of any meds being any better for men than woman? I am on Cymbalta (and am female) and like it for the pain management. It has seemed to keep it down but not pain free I still have to take something for pain. I on the other hand think it is makeing me more groggy than usual? I have been battleing severe fatigue since I have been on it. I am going to talk to my doc next week about all of this.

So that is my experience with Cymbalta (90mg a day)

Good luck with the med hunt!

Codey
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

A doctor friend of mine worked for MERCK and told me that meds were rarely tested on women unless specifically for women.

As women then, I would say that most depression meds have ONLY been tested on men, unles they changed that.

So I would say, depends on the type of depression and why you are having it. Do you have depression or sadness?

I alway asked my clients that as often people would say depressed when in truth they were terribly sad and lonely.

I hope you can find something that suits, I am sorry I cannot help more.

Love Anne C