Depression-Site Humor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Nov 16, 2007.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Well, I went to a site I thought was about depression. I found this, inter alia:

I have an answering machine in my car. It says, "I'm home now, but leave a message and I'll call when I'm out."

- I bought a house on a one-way dead-end road. I don't know how to get out.

- I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time." So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

- I have the world's largest collection of sea shells. I keep it scattered on beaches all over the world. Maybe you've seen some of it.

- I photocopied a mirror. Now I have an extra photocopy machine.

Kinda sounds like Stephen Wright. I consider him to be the world's most mournful comedian.

Ok, now you've had your day brightened. Go back to whatever you were doing. If you were doing nothing, go back to whatever you were thinking about doing.

More serendipity. Was looking up Sidney Lanier. Of course we all remember reading his poetry in high school, but I just found out he was a composer too. Got a CD of music by Sid and our old friend Stephen Foster.

[This Message was Edited on 11/17/2007]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

love the Rennaissance one - just waiting for my daughter to come take me out.........I'm getting out!!!! Uptown for a wee rummage round the shops.

Thanks for the laugh.