Depression This Works!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brains, Jul 27, 2005.

1. brains

brains Member

I have been coping with chronic fatigue for 20yrs i didn't know it for a long while the depression has been on and off now for about 7 years the anxiety and panic attacks started first.I tried essential fatty acids which i thought was working for a while.But what I have found to really work is B- complex-100 and pantothenic acid 1000mg along with a multi -mineral vitamin.Even when i forget to take the multivitamin and take just the b-complex and the pantothenic acid by themselves it still works .I have been through the zolcolf and prozac it only made me worst.THIS WORKS Great!!! it will take the depression away !!!!!!
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Brains - you are right, the B vitamins are crucial for mental health and well-being, and pantothenic acid is essential for adrenal functioning. A deficiency can cause fatigue and other symptoms.

Many years ago I was getting chronic sore throats with burning feet, a weird combination I never told my doctor about, and then I happened across a book by Adelle Davis in which she described pantothenic acid deficiency, and voila! that was my symptoms. I had been under severe stress for a very long time, so it made perfect sense that I had a pantothenic acid deficiency.

The burning feet and sore throats stopped when I added the pantothenic acid and a good B vitamin complex, although later a different sore throat reared its ugly head, but that's another story.

Mary
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

I just posted on depression and unable to take AD's so I am looking for somehting to get me out of this big dark hole..

I too have cfids with anxiety/depression.
    I can take xanax for anxiety but thats about it..I haven't found supplements helpful but haven't tried the ones you mentioned..

I have two questiond, first if you don't need these supplements are they harmful in any way? Second how long before you could tell they were working? I have what my doc calls thick blood will the B vitms. cause a problem there? I have tried the Stress tabs which are mostly B vitms. I think and couldn't tell they helped...I do take a centrum every day of course theres no help there..

How bad was your depression? Sorry, for all the questions but I am desperate..

Thanks
  4. brains

brains Member

vitamins B will not hurt you, if you take too many vitamins the body will use what it needs the other will be expelled in your urine. taking vitamins are very important not centurm they need to be good vitamins volar, great earth, now ,etc.if you have a cloting probelm vitamin k is a probelm. but clear it with your doctor first or call cvs talk to pharmacy. the vitamins worked right away you will feel the difference.How bad was mine I wanted to kill myself all the time i think that is about as bad as it can get.take my word it works!!! If you have chronic fatigue believe me you need all the vitamins you can get.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/27/2005]
  5. brains

brains Member

the brand was Great Earth Any good vitamin not centrum should work but make sure it is the right milligrams 1000mg b-complex 100.It works right away you will feel the difference!!!If don't want to take a chance then use Great Earth.Let me know how it worked.
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I just posted to the other, since I put alot of effort to the other post, and you may decide to delete one, I'll copy to here.

Someone asked about what brand of B5. I've noticed they aren't all created equally. Definitely don't get Centrum or any of the synthetic brands of any nutrients. I hate hate hate that Centrum slogan, "Trust the Science of Centrum". Not too soon, I won't be.

My favourite is by Flora, they only use veggie caps and store in glass bottles, for those that care about that. I actually don't, but they seem the most potent. "Now" brand is cheaper and seems at least close to as good, these are both 500 mgs, btw. I've tried 1000 mg time release and didn't like. Other brands, esp. tablets you'll need twice as much for same effect.

I take 2 x 500 mg per day. and add more if really stressed or tired. I've convinced 4 friends to try it and they all had remarkable results in just days and don't like to run out. One buddy w/ chronic pain illness, RLS and Distonia, says his memory turns to mush w/out it.

Jeanne

7. Jeanne-in-Canada

I've been trying to get the word out, w/ little interest so far. I guess if it isn't a common knowledge nugget, then people thinks it's a fad.

It's fairly common knowledge that pantothine (aka vit. B5) is essential to the adrenals. it's the primary stress vitamin, and stress depletes it, and when you are extra stressed you need more. In a chronic illness like ours, it becomes a vicious cirlcle of depletion. The RDA amount is a total joke, for most nutrients, but esp. for B5.

In my nutrition course, I came across some info. on it that caused me to mega dose it, it's water soluble and non-toxic btw. As w/ other B's, if you don't need it, you'll pee it out. B5 is actually the precurser to acetylcholine, as is a lesser know B, choline, this is a crucial neurotransmitter.

Its Just as crucial as the ones we hear of all the time, like serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, but science does't know how to manipulate it w/ antidepressants, so it's not common knowledge.

Acetylcholine affects mood and memory, and can put quite a dent in depression, anxiety and energy levels. So many take thyroid meds, and don't bother w/ the adrenals, and ac is adrenal fuel. Don't forget, there is much research showing this dx to be very involved w/ the HPA axis.

It doesn't fully deal w/ depression for me, I get major depr. SAD in the winter. But I won't be w/out it, it clears up what I call "the bitch clumsies". When I'm dropping and breaking everything and swearing up a blue stream, and popping off at any little thing, which isn't me.

I'm really glad you brought this up. So many people need help w/ depression, maybe it will catch on.

Jeanne
  8. greatgran

greatgran Member

Brains, thank you for your info..I had some stress tabs on hand so I took one last night didn't think it would hurt..
    I am going to try to find the ones you take if I can get out today..

Where do you purchase Great Earth or the good ones? So are you saying that centrum
    isn't good I should try something else..
    I thought they were the best is why I was taking them.. Do you take a multi.vit. or any other med with the B vitms.?

Need all the help I can get, cause I am in a bad state but will try to get out tosay and find the pills...

Thanks , Phyl

9. greatgran

greatgran Member

Sorry, just read that you do take a multivit..What kind do you take?
  10. greatgran

greatgran Member

How or who do you see to get a hair sample done and are the acurate? Can this be done with a blood test?

Thanks,
    Phyl
  11. Jeanne-in-Canada

I just wanted to call attn. to her post because she mentions the sore throat AND burning feet so many suffer from on here. I've seen posts just about sore, and burning feet and several more on adrenal problems.

bump

Jeanne
  12. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

everyone, think I will give them a try

brit
  13. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

will try .
    bump
  14. neen85

neen85 New Member

I was told to take 3, 500mg capsules,three times a day. I read that it can cause hair from turning grey and help memory also. It is about $10.00 a bottle in the "country blue" section at GNC. Daneen
  15. Jeanne-in-Canada

I can't remember if it's this thread or the other w/ the same title that brains started, I explained about how B5 (p.a.) is precurser to the important neurotransmitter, acetylcholine. And it's adrenal fuel, and considered "the stress vitamin".

So an autopsy was done on a dead lady and they were talking about her stress hormones (simplifying for audience I guess), acetylcholine and cortisol were very depleted (bad), and her norepinephrine (adrenaline) was sky high. and since she was quite dead, it goes to show low B5 is a bad thing.

Caught my ear since we've been discussing it on board.

Jeanne

Neen,
    It's PABA that helps hair not turn grey. High amounts can turn already grey hair slightly back to colour.
  16. greatgran

greatgran Member

Brains, i am trying the B-Complex etc. have been on them for 5 days still no improvement with the depression/anxiety..If anything I feel worse I am sure its the cfids or whatever but I am so depressed and feel so bad today I feel like givng up...I just have no quality of life..But will hang in there.

Thanks
  17. brains

brains Member

what brand did you buy also was it a B-complex {100} also you didn't mention the pantothenic acid {1000}mg.
    since you have cfs as I do take a multivitamin and mineral with it. Volar V-75 is a good one. You cannot use cheap vitamins and expect to get results they just don't work as well.Make sure you eat first.Please try taking the three together then let me know.Like the other posts said you will past what you don't use in your urine.If you can't get out to the Vitamin stores they will mail them to you if you ask them to tell, them you are not able to come and get them.Let me know how this works for you.
  18. Prunella

Prunella New Member

Some people can not tolerate B vitamins. I was one of them. I now but a food source vitaming from a health food store and seem to be OK with them, although I don't take the full amount they recommend.
  19. greatgran

greatgran Member

Brains, my husband picked these up for me
    the B complex and the pantothenic. The first couple of days I thought maybe they were working then I came dowm with what feels like the flu and a sinus infection...

I have an appt. with my doc tomorrow if I can get there and I will aks her about them and will try to find a better bran..
    Since I have thick blood I need to ask if its okay to take them...

I am so glad they have helped you...I am not giving up, will let you know what the doc says...

Thanks
  20. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl