Dersperately searching for quality Delta sleep...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wish_to_be_healthy, Oct 18, 2006.

1. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I can't remember the last time I had a good 7-8 hours of uninteruputed sleep...last week I got a 6 hour stretch, after starting 5-http...Now I am back to waking at 3-4 am, or not falling asleep till 1, and sleeping till 5am.

Neurotransitters, out of whack...over and out!

Suzzzzzzzzzz(hoping to go back to sleep)
  2. wish_to_be_healthy

Back from a 3 hour tour...I guess 4hrs + 3hrs = a good nights rest?

Yes, GABA...I had upped my Klonopin to .75 from .5 last week too.

Hope you are staying awake.

Suz
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

I find listening to soothing CDs as I try to get to sleep helpful.

A number of people on this site have previously posted on the benefits of CDs created by the Monroe Institute. Their CDs are specificallly oriented toward promoting different brain waves by working with both sides of the brain.

You might want to do a google search on Monroe Institute and check it out. Also, maybe put "delta" in the search feature on the top left of this site to pull up the posts I'm referring to.

I'd heard of these particular CDs before, but not in the context of helping with sleep. I found the information posted here and on the Monroe Institute web site very helpful.

I hope you do too!
  4. wish_to_be_healthy

I'll do a search...I also went back thru old threads early this morning befor I went back to sleep, and copied thm to take a look later after my brain works...I seem to remember reading that some folks posted about CD's and brain waves.

Suz
  5. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I just wanted to tell you that Xyrem is the ONLY thing that helped me get level 3/4 sleep. After 14 years of being disabled by FM/CFS, nine months of treatment with Xyrem stopped virtually ALL of my symptoms.

It's not for everyone, but if you have the kind of brutal sleep disorder that I did, you might want to check into trying it.

Look for my old posts, "Xyrem Saved My Life" for more details.

Good luck,

- julie (is free!)
  6. dejovu

dejovu New Member

This board moves pretty fast so I just wanted to let you know a wrote you a quick note and I hope it doesn't get lost or you miss it.

My name is De and I'm from the worship board. Please read it and answer. Thanks...dejovu

PS... I posted it on this board but didn't get the spaces right in your name. Sorry
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2006]
  7. wish_to_be_healthy

Nice to meet you.

My kids are home today, so I need to go.

Take care,

Suz
  8. Fibrocyclist

Fibrocyclist New Member

I had unrefreshing sleep for years but once my doctor put me on 10 mg. of Doxepin in the evening, I sleep great now!
    Doxepin is a tricyclic antidepressant and it has no side effects.
  9. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Nice to meet you. I have a DR appt. but maybe later we can chat, hope so. Have the best day possible.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. De
  10. rinaldo

rinaldo New Member

Hi, The only thing that have helped alot in Ambien CR. It is not covered by insurance, But its worth it
  11. ephemera

ephemera New Member

My search for sleep has taken me thru antidepressants, herbs & chinese pills, Ambien & Lunestra, etc. Finally, I've found that a combination of Chinese sleeping pills & Rozerem do the job about 80-90% of the time. The other sleepless nights are due to pain & sensory overload.

Sometimes when I can't sleep I go into the lazyboy with the heating pad & sound reducing headphones. Sometimes it helps.

I wish you well in your search.
  12. jabobil

jabobil New Member

I have had insomnia for years. It seems to run in my family. I get about four hours of sleep a night feel real lucky if I get six.

I asked my Dr. about Rozerem. He says it is too new on the market to know what the side effects are.

How expensive is it?

What kind of Chinese herbs are you using?

Look forward to hearing from you, and hope you keep getting sleep.

Jan
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2006]
  13. wish_to_be_healthy

Man...It really is a drag not getting enough sleep! It is a vicious cycle with this DD!

Jan, I wanted to address the Rozerem...I tried it for a while, and then it was like my body got used to it, and I would wake up again in 4 hours, as if I didn't take anything!

This is how it usually works with my body and drugs:

#1 Take a drug...React immediately, then off of it immediately.

#2 Take a drug...Works for a week, or two, or maybe three...Then get a BIG reaction, have to come off quick, and it's miserable detoxing with symtoms.

#3 Take a drug...Works for quite a while. Can handle the drug, BUT then need more of it, because my symptoms break thru.

Take too much of that drug... refer back to #2.

So...Trial and error...and trying to strengthen my body with healthier eating and supplements, so I can handle the stressors better.

Thanks again for all of your imput :)

Suz

PS But some days ARE just a DRAG without sleep.
  14. ephemera

ephemera New Member

The Chinese herbs I take for sleep are Serenity & Tranquility Remedy imported by Kingsway Trading. I've taken them even for nearly 2 years & have no problems. They are farily small round pills & I take 20 of them as recommended when going to sleep. I was given the recommendation by my accupunturist. I can't afford to go to her anymore since she only takes checks & my ready money is nonexistant. Now I order them off the internet along with other herbs & I can use by credit card.

As I've said, Rozerem is great for me. I really struggled with Ambien & Lunesta which both gave me headaches, dizzy spells & were hard to shrug off when I woke up. Rozerem works on a different principle & has been wonderful. I was my sleep doc's first patient, the first patient to get it from my local CVS store, then the first to order it from Medco.

The few times it doesn't work are due to level 8/10 pain & my sensory overload due to light or noise. Previously I saw so many dawns & hadn't slept at all with the other pills.

hope this info helps. best wishes.
  15. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Rozerem works like the hormone melatonin. It worked for about a month, then stopped working. It is possible that if it works like melatonin, prolactin levels can increase which can make you depressed. I think that was what was happening to me, although I think it did increase my libido. However, I am taking a Pure Encapsulations St. John's Wort, and that has helped take off the edge of coping with CFS. I stopped the Rozerem when I ran out.

On a good night, I wake up several times, but I fall back to sleep again. I haven't slept through the night without waking in years even before my relapse.

CherySue
  16. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

You can do a search here for 'Delta Wave Sleep cds', but I found a good cd that i've been using to help my sleep, and its been working really well. It's not more expensive then any regular cd either. Try searching on Amazon.com for Delta Wave Sleep 2.0. I put it on repeat all night and it helps me to fall asleep faster then usual, and I actually have dreams. I used to sleep so lightly i'd wake up many times during the night and never have dreams.

Good luck! Hope that helps.
  17. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Sorry you couldn't find it. Here is the link to the item. If you just copy and paste this address it'll take you directly to the cd.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000654YF6/104-1590606-4321500

It's Delta Sleep System 2.0 by Dr. Jeffrey D. Thompson

Hope that helps! I just bought a couple other of his cds since I liked this one so much so I'll let you know how those work out too.
  18. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

I cannot fall asleep...nor stay asleep for long without the TV on. Boring repetitive news. That is of course after all my medications.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz