Describe Your Pain ******Curious

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Dec 2, 2005.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

I was wondering how everyone else's pain feels.

Mine is like layers of pain and it's different at times.
    sometimes it's like I have the flu and ache. Sometimes is like my muscles burn like I've worked out really hard and overstressed them. Or like nerves on edge.

muscles are tight in the upperback and neck a lot of the time.
    feet burn on the bottom. Then i'll get fleeting pains and sometimes cramping all over.

2. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

It varies. The biggest difference with me, is when I feel a flare coming on, I feel like I've had the insides of my skin rubbed with sand paper. It's awful, but so is every single aspect of this disease!!

PG
  3. furbymom

furbymom New Member

I am fairly new here and have been wondering how others feel pain. I mostly have bruise-like pain in my hip and buttocks pressure points. When I get up from sitting, I am stiff and achey and have to take a couple of minutes to get moving. One leg hurts most of the time, from my hip down through my knee. This all came on suddenly nine months ago and I can't do things I used to do physically. I limp because one leg is longer now. I keep seeking an answer to my problems in hopes of alleviating them.
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

that's the way I feel at times. It's really horrible isn't it?

Its like the underside of your skin closest to the muscles, is burning.

I hate thinking about it even.

5. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

The worst of mine is classified as "chronic myfascial pain" -- horrible tightness and stabbing in neck, back, jaw, head (leads to migraines.)

Often a dull ache in hips and lower back -- don't know what to call that -- feels like the flu.

I also have "peripheral neuropathy" which can be numbness and tingling in my hands and arms (originally thought to be carpal tunnel/cubital tunnel, but nerve tests show otherwise), sometimes an achey pain -- at its worst, this can be my whole arms, too-- and sensations like being shocked in my hands and sometimes feet. I occasionally get the sandpaper skin thing, but thankfully, not often -- and usually only on my thighs.

Stabbing pains in my feet if I stand too long.
  6. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

I feel like I’ve been body slammed about thirty times. Does any of you guys have a problem with your tendons feeling like they are being used as bow strings. I get this sensation in both legs and both arms, but the most painful for me is in my forearms. Right at the base of my thumbs at the wrist, I can feel them moving and they are sore.
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

8. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Always have a tight, achey back, with big knots in it. Sensitive body - if I get a tight hug, it feels like I've been slapped or beaten where the person's hands were. The stabbing in my joints is like a white knife going in and out.
  9. Empower

Empower New Member

Tightness and stiffness

Sore (like I bruised it)

Itchy legs, very tender to touch

Throbbing pain in legs
  10. Empower

Empower New Member

Tightness and stiffness

Sore (like I bruised it)

Itchy legs, very tender to touch

Throbbing pain in legs
  11. megamover

megamover New Member

My neck and back always hurt. My hands and feet kind of go to sleep very often. My left hip hurts most of the time and sometimes my right hip joins in. My left hand will just sit there and twitch sometimes. Other times my hands will cramp up and look all weird. I wake up all the time with my hands all stiff and hurting. Whenever I am in a bad cycle, I will just fall. It is like the connection between the brain and my legs goes out. I hate that probably the most. I was in Publix one day and it kept happening. I left crying, people did not help me, and they just looked at me like I was drunk. I hate when it happens to me at work, I am always afraid that they will fire me if I keep falling. My jaw hurts sometimes. I have a spot just below my heart by my rib that will cramp up sometimes too. Basically I just like everyone else; I hurt all over and try real hard to keep going. Not sure how much longer I can go.
  12. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

I feel as if my arms and legs weigh a ton apiece. I can not stand to sit on any surface because of the pressure of the weight against the surface. My neck (disc surgery) always hurts, I have a hard time getting comfortable enough to sleep, so I use sleeping pills to knock me out so I can go to sleep. Both of my shoulder and across shoulder blades feel as if they are on fire and ache like a bad toothache constantly. I can hardly stand to wear clothes and opt for tshirts rather than the normal bra unless I have to get out of the house by necessity. I have a small dog (under 9 lbs) and she feels like she weighs 100 lbs if she walks on my chest. It is like the worse pain across my chest if she tries to get close when I am reclining. I can not stand the weight of covers touching my legs as my knees and legs both ache constantlay. I am one of those people that cannot take NSAIDs and have multiple drug allergies. My rheumy says there is not anything that can be done for me because of my allergies and other health issues, so I use a muscle relaxant when it becomes unbearable and wear out a heating pad about every three months, but at least I know now what I am dealing with and it is not all in my head. Just recently my elbows have started feeling hot and it is as if you have bumped that funny bone but it lingers rather than goes away. I thank you all for describing your pain, it helps to know you are not the only one feeling this way.
  13. darude

darude New Member

Worst p[ain in the legs all over burning stabbing cramps. Next is in the chest feels inflammed all time and cramps there too. Lower back gos out and is pure agony.
  14. kch64

kch64 New Member

Please keep posting here. I think this is important.

Thanks. Kendra
  15. sallyj

sallyj New Member

Top to bottom.

My head feels like it mashed pototes and real heavy to lift up i get like muscle aches around my jaw and its like having a small electric shock. I get pulsing pain in the lower neck.

Burning pains in my shoulders when the burning has gone its turns into a pins and needles sensation and i really cannot bear anything on my shoulders and its a huge no no to touch.

Hips burn and it goes into my bum feels a deep burn.

Tummy only on the right side i get a extremly painful sharp stabbing pain and burning i can say the burning is about the size of a large orange and its like having a red hot poker pulsing away this pain is horrendous makes me feel so sick and so weak.

Legs ache all the time the right one more so than the left , right knee is always burning and always tender, left leg just aches.

Feet and ankles what a nightmare it feels like i got them stuck in hot water and they tingle all the time some days i just pace around as i don't know what to do with them, resting hurts walking hurts this pain often makes me cry.

Hands tingle like my feet and they get very stiff, my fingers on my left hand have movement all on the own they will quiver about this often happens first thing in the morning and it can be a pain drinking a hot drink (and i am left handed) i often sit on them and pull my wrists up to relieve some pain it does help a little bit.

I get nasty headaches that can last for days they are at the back of my head, bed rest sleep don't don't a thing for them i just take pills and eventually go.

I don't know if anyone else gets this but a very very sore throat and mouth ulcers when these attack i know i am in for bad days this is my early warning system then all muscles start to ache like i got flu coming then all the other horrible pains etc come flooding in.

I hope this help and agree with others that have posted it good to have posts like this one as it says we are not all alone as the CFS/FIBRO makes you feel.

Kind regards
    Sally x
  16. kch64

kch64 New Member

17. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

i am being twisted inside, ever muscle, joints are tight and feel broken....my back is throbbing right now..both arms achy and heavy....legs burn and cramp up....burning, stabbing, quick electric zaps, bruised, beaten up, stiff and so tender...and thats a good day..and i can type this with pain getting worse but i have to do something- the boredom is painful to.

i am so bad right now....becuz the whole body is thorobbing....it always does..all the other pains are just pain on top of more pain....i cant explain how bad it is..all i know is i am so tired of it.....pain pills are not working today....i cant sleep---my mood is swing from sad to deeply depressed---one day i will be out of pain....soon i hope. jgavi
  18. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Where do I start..

Definatly feel like I have a bad case of the flu. Which I wish I did and it was going to go away in about a week. But after so many years now I know it is not.

My neck is the worst and goes up the back of my head and in my temple. My jaw is bad. I can hardly open my mouth. (TMJ). When my neck is really bad it goes down my arm and in my shoulder blade. Sometimes making it hard to breath.

All over I have a burning feeling like I did some sort of workout ( but of course I didn't LOL) It just burns my muscles to walk up the stairs. Or to hold up my arms to shampoo my hair and blow it dry.

My butt and hips are so tight all the time. Although stretched have been helping with that a little bit. I can hardly walk when I get up in the morning or when I have sat for a little while.

I always wake up and ask my husband if he beat me while I was asleep. Or I will say I think I got ran over by a truck sometime in the night.. Alway have a headache when I get up, and all day long til I go back to bed. Don't rememmber the last time I didn't have a headache.

Some days are just worse than others. I could probably go on and on.. so I will just leave it at that..

SherylD
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2005]