Describing Fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Spoonerpaws, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

Can you describe the fatigue that you are having?

This is what I experience and want to know if others do too.

At times, I do okay, (if I keep my activity to a minimum)
    BUT (for example) today I scrubbed the bathroom floor and was so EXHAUSTED afterwards, I had to lay down (and my bathroom is small!!

Do others feel this TYPE of exhaustion?
  2. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

Can you describe the fatigue that you are having?

This is what I experience and want to know if others do too.

At times, I do okay, (if I keep my activity to a minimum)
    BUT (for example) today I scrubbed the bathroom floor and was so EXHAUSTED afterwards, I had to lay down (and my bathroom is small!!

Do others feel this TYPE of exhaustion?
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

up there.Why the heck do you have 2 posts??The same!
    What happened!LOL
  4. ufuomalinda

ufuomalinda New Member

hi well doing your bathromm is hard work somtimes getting up it hard work and that will make you sleepy sometimes life just is to hard and just makes you tired like you have run for miles so what you are having is real we just learn some how to work around it you will have good days and really bad ones....
    just rest thats all you can do....
    smile thats the only thing that doesnt make us tired
    linda
  5. catgal

catgal New Member

Hello Spoonerpaws~~This is such a baffling illness that the millions of people who have it often can't depend on "tomorrow" or make plans for the weekends because we never know how we're going to be feeling.

There are days I feel good and can get about and do things without feeling exhausted at the end of the day---and then there are mornings I wake up, and it takes everything I've got to get out of bed and go to work. I feel like I've been ran over by a herd of elephants....and I haven't even started the day.

Or sometimes the exhaustion can hit me out of the blue in the middle of an otherwise good day. And I can have several days that I feel well or weeks in a row that I feel so tired & weary that I fake living.

I can explain my obvious triggers like over-extending myself, not getting quality sleep, or not taking time out to rest & relax.......but sometimes even when I take all the right precautions and do all the right things--the exhaustion and severe aching hits.

As I have degenerative disc disease, I have meds I can take that work on the FM pain, but nothing but a couple of days of straight rest will work on the exhaustion.

And I think it is this UP one day and DOWN the next that frustrates people around us. I know it frustrates my mate as he is hyper and likes to go alot, and sometimes even though to him I look okay--I feel completely wiped out and have to stop--which makes me appear "unreliable" to him as he likes to make plans days in advance for the weekends or holidays. And, I don't know until "that" particular day how I'm going to be feeling. I've had FM/CFS for 35 years, and it's still a mystery to me.

I hope you feel better soon.