Despair -- How to Deal

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by bretzie, Mar 12, 2013.

1. freida

freida Active Member

I'm sorry that Bretzie has not been by or said something,

but again, I am definitely reading this string,
    and finding helpful, valuable hints, in your various postings here.

Thank you,
    Leah
  2. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I hope she posts something soon to let us know how she's doing. I checked her profile hoping she had an email address listed, but there is none. I'd really like to know how she is.

Yes, I've been reading all these posts too. I live alone and have to do everything for myself, and it's SO hard. I can no longer work and that's probably the only reason I'm still alive. Working 40+ hours with all this fatigue, pain and other health problems was killing me. I know many (healthy) people complain that they have to go to work everyday, but I tell ya - they have no idea how lucky they are just having energy and good health!!

Well, enough of that. Sorry for the impromptu pity party. LOL! I DO have a loving kitty cat, and she makes me smile and spends a lot of time with me on the sofa. I wouldn't trade her for anything!

Hang in there!
  3. freida

freida Active Member

Very nice to find your sharing post,
    Donna.
    You are such a supportive and caring and friendly person.
    It's great to see you! :)

No problem with an impromptu pity party but it wasn't long enough for me to join in much. LOL

It sure is difficult being very ill and struggling to do simple needed daily tasks,
    and some days, finding those impossible.

I lived alone for many years of my illness,
    so I do understand how that is,

and I may need to again in the future.
    For right now, I have an old friend who became a huz, here to help me.

Still gets isolated, with no one else.
    But I too have a kitty! Thank goodness!
    And a friendly sofa! LOL

And a computer, let's not forget that! ;)

Take good care of yourself, Donna!

Leah
  4. tjblueeyes

tjblueeyes New Member

I think many of us go through these feelings. Just remember, they will pass and things continue. I, also, think reading is a good idea. Reading positive material. I saw on Katie Couric one day that these ladies wrote a book and began what they called "Circle of Friends". The book was called,"Friendships Don't Just Happen." I have it on order at my library right now and am looking forward to reading. I know how hard it is to make new friends when you are in bed so much. I go to church, but hardly know anyone there. It's hard to join any group because you know you will miss a lot of get togethers since this illness is so unpredictable, but I think we have to try. If you go online and look for the "Circle of Friends", they can look for others in your area with same interests, age, etc. and they have get togethers. I think there is a one-time $30 fee. I'm thinking of trying it in the future, but want to read the book first. The author is Shasta Nelson. I, too, listen and read Joyce Meyer books. She is very down to earth. Also, look up Nic Vujicic on YouTube:No arms, no legs, no worries. He is so inspirational. Also, Joni Earackson Tada. She is a quadriplegic and writes great inspirational stuff. She's also on YouTube.
  5. tjblueeyes

tjblueeyes New Member

I think many of us go through these feelings. Just remember, they will pass and things continue. I, also, think reading is a good idea. Reading positive material. I saw on Katie Couric one day that these ladies wrote a book and began what they called "Circle of Friends". The book was called,"Friendships Don't Just Happen." I have it on order at my library right now and am looking forward to reading. I know how hard it is to make new friends when you are in bed so much. I go to church, but hardly know anyone there. It's hard to join any group because you know you will miss a lot of get togethers since this illness is so unpredictable, but I think we have to try. If you go online and look for the "Circle of Friends", they can look for others in your area with same interests, age, etc. and they have get togethers. I think there is a one-time $30 fee. I'm thinking of trying it in the future, but want to read the book first. The author is Shasta Nelson. I, too, listen and read Joyce Meyer books. She is very down to earth. Also, look up Nic Vujicic on YouTube:No arms, no legs, no worries. He is so inspirational. Also, Joni Earackson Tada. She is a quadriplegic and writes great inspirational stuff. She's also on YouTube.
  6. alyssalyn

alyssalyn New Member

I want you to know that you are important, loved by the Almighty God, and that people will ignore the ill and it is not your fault personally.

Take joy in the small things. When you do the dishes, the warmth of the hot sudsy water on your hands, how a hot shower feels, a favorite food, a favorite movie. Let these things small things grow.

Focus your thoughts on pleasant things. People will be more helpful or at least less of a nuisance. Learn to practice self-love. You are important. You are God's creation. You were not meant to be ill. It happened. Accept what you can and seek solutions. Do things that are pleasant, that make you feel happy. Eat things that make you feel wonderful that are good for you. Go for a walk and breathe fresh air and really take time to deep breathe. Fresh air heals.

Tend to your nutrition. Are you getting enough protein? Eating protein foods can heal many things and enhance mood and sleep.

I hope something helped.

7. freida

freida Active Member

This was an old original post,
    and that poster has not returned ,

but your something does help....me.

i'm struggling tonight,
    and i cried and found comfort,
    in your post.

thank you.
    i noticed some of your other good posts,
    earlier too.

thank you for your input.

leah

8. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Isn't Nick Voichek (sp) amazing. I watched a video of him and will occasionally catch him on the christian radio station I listen to. I cried from the video. How many people could live as he does......he's most definitely filled to the brim with the Holy Spirit.

About a month ago I was leaving the doctor's office, feeling down, and stopped at a starbucks. There was a young mother in there with her young 8 year old daughter who had MS. Such patience she had. Then coming out I got into the car and turned on the radio. Well, there was Nick speaking. I really got out of my pity party.

We all have those times, and if we feed it, it will continue to grow and bring us down.

Leah. I'm sorry you were having a bad time last night. Hope your spirits are inproved today.

I've also listened to Joyce Meyers, and have read books by Joni Erickson Tada. Very inspirational.