Desparately need Doctor Referral in SW VA or Tri Cities TN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HalcyonsF8, Oct 18, 2006.

1. HalcyonsF8

HalcyonsF8 New Member

I was diagonosed with cfs in 1995 in Charlotte NC. I have been living in rural SW Virginia for the last 6 years and my Doctor moved out of town over 2 years ago. I have been unable to find any knowledgeable doctor since. I am crashing badly. I live alone and have no family in the area. I cannot sleep, have lost over 30 lbs. in the last 6 months and am losing the ability to care for myself. If anyone knows of a doctor in Wise or the surrounding areas of Virginia or the TRi Cities area of TN ie. Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol please, please advise.
    Love and light to you all.
    ~K
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

ok, I am no help as I'm in Ca. but a few suggestions that might help -
    First on your title put Need Doctor Referral in TRI Cities, Virginia.. or something specific to catch the eye of any one on line from that area.
    If you don't get any response keep it bumped to the front page till someone comes along that can help.
    Second, you have to take your e-mail off, it's against board rules.
    Third click on Doctors on the top of this page and see if there is any in your area.
    You may want to call a local rhumie in the phone book and see if they take fibro patients or can recommend someone.

I'm sorry K that you are having such a tough time. Its hard to live alone and be sick. Sending you love and hugs..
    Dona
  3. HalcyonsF8

HalcyonsF8 New Member

Thank you for the advise and the hugs. I don't think anyone could ever get too many hugs.
    ~K
  4. HalcyonsF8

HalcyonsF8 New Member

5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

6. HalcyonsF8

HalcyonsF8 New Member

7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

8. HalcyonsF8

HalcyonsF8 New Member

Thank you for your reply. Where in SW VA do you live. I am in Wise.
    My health plan requires that I have a primary physcian refer me to a Rhumy. But I love his name and number anyway. Do you have a primary doc?
    ~K
  9. HalcyonsF8

HalcyonsF8 New Member

You said Dr. Bible gives you shots. Shots of what? Does he also prescribe sllep and pain meds?
    ~K
  10. Meese

Meese New Member

I found the Fibro and Fatigue Clinic I go to on the internet. Check out their web site and see if they have a clinic close to you. I have been very pleased with them.
  11. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am from southwestern VA a small town by the name of Galax,VA..I too need a good doc and will be watching your post...I have tried ones in Roanoke and Winston-Salem, NC but was very disappointed..

Good Luck,
    greatgran

12. HalcyonsF8

HalcyonsF8 New Member

13. HalcyonsF8

HalcyonsF8 New Member