DESPERATE FOR A DOCTOR IN PHOENIX

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by WINTERROSES1, Sep 19, 2002.

1. WINTERROSES1

WINTERROSES1 New Member

HELLO EVERYONE,
    I AM LENA AND I LIVE IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA. I HAVE CFIDS AND NEED A DOCTOR THAT WILL TAKE ME SERIOUS. PLEASE HELP! I HAVE BEEN TO THE GOOD DR. LIST AND NONE OF THEM ARE COVERED UNDER MY INSURANCE PLAN. I'LL TAKE ANY NAME AND SEE IF THERE ON MY INSURANCE. I NEED HELP BADLY, AS I'M READY TO THROW IN THE TOWEL. GRATEFUL IN PHOENIX, THANKS.

TODAY, TOMORROW AND ALWAYS,
    LENA (WINTERROSES1@AOL.COM)
  2. WINTERROSES1

WINTERROSES1 New Member

HELLO EVERYONE,
    I AM LENA AND I LIVE IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA. I HAVE CFIDS AND NEED A DOCTOR THAT WILL TAKE ME SERIOUS. PLEASE HELP! I HAVE BEEN TO THE GOOD DR. LIST AND NONE OF THEM ARE COVERED UNDER MY INSURANCE PLAN. I'LL TAKE ANY NAME AND SEE IF THERE ON MY INSURANCE. I NEED HELP BADLY, AS I'M READY TO THROW IN THE TOWEL. GRATEFUL IN PHOENIX, THANKS.

TODAY, TOMORROW AND ALWAYS,
    LENA (WINTERROSES1@AOL.COM)
  3. JG

JG New Member

Hi Lena,

What a bummer that you lost your wonderful doctor. My doctor is James Loo in Chandler and we love him. I hope he can help you.....he sure has helped me.

Take care,

JG
  4. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

Hi Lena! I take it you are looking for a rheumatologist? Are you pleased with your prim. care? What plan are you under? I live in Planet Peoria and maybe can come up with a few names. You might check with fmnetnews.com Al
  5. James

James Guest

Take a look at our good doctor list:

http://www.immunesupport.com/community/referral/
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

Is there any possibility of some insurance coverage if you go out of network? I ask because that is what I had to do to find someone who knew how to treat me.

I am lucky in that my insurance still pays 70% of his bills and for all testing. It's also a plus that he is BC/BS provider, even though it's not my network. That means he has to accept their lower amount and that's what my % is based on.

I wish you luck in finding an in-network provider, or a way to afford to go to an out of network one. Open season is coming up for me and I'll probably be changing plans if I can find one that he's in that's offered.

Barbara

7. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hi Lena and welcome. I live in Globe but see Dr. Carolyn Pace in Tempe, she is a Rheumetologist. She is absolutely wonderful and has many patients with our diseases. I highly recommend her.
    God bless, Deena
  8. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Hello Lena -

Welcome to the community. Glad you found us here.
    I go to an "out of network" doctor, who is very
    helpful with Myofascial Pain type of stuff. He also
    has been good at helping me experiment with meds
    to help me sleep and diminish pain. I have (possibly)
    fibro and (for sure) Myofascial Pain Syndrome.

My insurance is United Health, POS type. My doctor
    is a D.O. and his name is David Miller. He's located
    on 35th Ave and Cheryl (near Peoria). He isn't
    exactly the sympathetic type, though he grows on you.
    He's carries some misinformation about FMS/CFIDS.
    So I guess I'd highy refer his "hands on" techniques
    for MPS and FMS even, but not as much for CFS.

Now, here are two other names, given to me by others
    with FMS/CFS who know them. One is Laura Devlin, CNP
    for Gary Silverman, MD (Rheumatologist) 3337 N. Miller
    Rd, Suite 108. Scottsdale 85251 (480)941-3991. The
    woman who recommended this office has Lupus. She was
    diagnosed by Silverman but prefers Devlin for ongoing
    support.

A woman with Fibro that I met in the library (looking
    at Fibro/CFS books) sees Amanda Lewis, P.A. for Dr.
    Oscar Gluck (Rheumatologist) Located approx 35th
    Ave and Bell. She prefers Amanda Lewis. Am guessing
    it is quicker too to get in with the Phys. Assts,
    and Cert Nurse Practitioners. I believe there are 2 or
    3 doctors in Glucks office. I also think that one of
    their offices is used as a research center here in
    Phoenix. (if my memory serves me right)

I am reaching out to you with warm ((((hugs))))))
    and will put this in God's hands for you to find
    a helpful doctor who is in your network. Keep coming
    here, posting, reading and just "hanging out".

Which health plan are you on?

Take Good Care, ........... Jillian
  9. WINTERROSES1

WINTERROSES1 New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION. DAVID MILLER SOUNDS VERY FAMILIAR TO ME FOR SOME ODD REASON. I WILL CALL AND SEE WHAT HIS OFFICE HAS TO SAY. DR. GLUCK AND AMANDA LEWIS ARE MY MOTHER'S DR.'S FOR RHEUMATOLOGY. I DID CALL DR. GLUCK'S MEDICAL ASSISTANT, AND SHE SAID HE DON'T SEE CFIDS PATIENTS. I'LL ASK AMANDA LEWIS WHEN I TAKE MY MOM IN TOO SEE HER, AS SHE IS VERY GOOD WITH MY MOM. MY INSURANCE SUCKS, IT'S HEALTH NET THROUGH MY HUSBAND'S WORK. IT'S AN HMO AND GETS ME KNOW WHERE. YOU HAVE REALLY BEEN A GREAT HELP TO ME. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. I HAVE TO FIND A DIFFERENT PCP, THE ONE I HAVE IS AS SMART AS A BAG OF HAMMERS, AND HIS OFFICE IS FILTHY AND SMELLS BADLY OF URINE. NASTY! IF YOU HEAR OF ANY MORE PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL CALL THE ONE'S YOU GAVE ME.

TODAY, TOMORROW, AND ALWAYS,
    LENA
  10. WINTERROSES1

WINTERROSES1 New Member

HI ALLEN,
    ACTUALLY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR. JUST A GOOD DOCTOR THAT CAN TREAT ME FOR CFIDS/CFS. I NEED A NEW PCP, AS MINE NO'S NOTHING. I HAVE BEEN THRU SO MANY PCP'S, MY INSURANCE COMPANY IS STARTING TO HATE ME. I HAVE HEALTH NET HMO. IT REALLY ISN'T A GOOD INSURANCE IF YOUR LOOKING FOR QUALITY CARE. WHO IS YOUR PCP AND DO THEY NO ANYTHING ABOUT CFIDS? WHO KNOW'S, MAYBE YOURS IS THE ONE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP. I NEED TO FIND A GOOD PCP FAST, AS I'M RUNNING OUT OF ALL MY MEDS AND SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED.

TODAY,TOMORROW, AND ALWAYS,
    LENA