DESPERATE FOR PRAYER AND COMFORT

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by sweetpeas, Aug 5, 2004.

1. sweetpeas

sweetpeas New Member

Just found out about prayer nite. I have no family support and have fibro & been very depressed lately abt. going back to work really soon after a too-brief vac. My job has become way too stressful. I am alone and am scared I just don't have the health or frame of mind to do what I need to do. I'm just plain scared, have isolate myself cuz I don't feel anyone understands, and really need to sense God's presence. My docs have begged me to quit, but none of them know the disab. ropes. Also, I keep having these horrible visions of being a "bag lady." Sorry for rambling. I have such a hard time admitting I need help and reaching out to others. I am paralyzed with anxiety, dep., and pain. Thank you for any prayers you send my way. God bless you all!
  2. jolly

jolly New Member

Don't feel for a moment that you're alone. Most of us here have been through something similar and there's much understanding around you. I will say a prayer for you to have comfort. Jo Ellen
  3. grge

grge New Member

I am praying for you, I often feel afraid and it's as you say hard to admit I can't do this anymore. I really try to give all my cares and worries to God but it takes such a leap of faith to just hand it over without trying to obtain"my answer, in my time and the way I want it"

I truly know God will never fail me, I just struggle with His timing some times.

Keeping you in my prayers
    georgia
  4. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

Hi and Welcome to the Worship Board, We are all glad to have you join us. This is one place that people understand. We all have to have someone to talk to.

When I was reading your post tears rolled up in my eyes, My heart truly goes out to you. I am so sorry you are having a rough time.

I will certainly be praying for you.

Blessings, Judy
  5. JimB

JimB New Member

Maybe you should listen to your Docs.
    There is a season to rest and heal.

I am praying for you my friend.
    We're on YOUR side, and Jesus loves you.
    Jim : )
  6. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

I can understand how you are feeling, and I will say our Lord truly understands! He knows all your needs, all your worries and fears. Do you have anyone in your church, or do you not attend one? No I am not judging you about that, because I do attend as often as able, and have not found some brothers and sisters compassionate or understanding.

I will lift you up in prayer! I live in Ohio, so if you are around here, let me know, I do have some support and have people who do understand. Not many, but God has placed a few before me...and I am willing to share... gentle hugs.
  7. Freedom1

Freedom1 New Member

Well Sweetpeas as you can see this is the best place for you to come to receive those prayers, comfort and support. These boards are fantastic -- mainly because folks understand. I know what it is like to feel alone, but when you have God and God's true people praying for you and having empathy for you -- you've got something. Our health and finances are joined at the hip and, of course, there is fear about the future. I am, presently, facing these challenges and have also brought my prayer requests here. It was hard for me to because I find it difficult, also, to ask for help. God, I first ask you to give Sweet... peace of mind, heal her body and continue to provide the finances she needs. Help her make the appropriate decisions and realize that You are on her side. Let Sweet... know she has friends here who can offer support and guidance, In Jesus Name, Amen
  8. Yesh

Yesh New Member

I know things seem difficult right now, but God always shows himself faithful.

I do not have any family near me and don't have friends because my son and I reciently moved. Trying to cope with everything without support can be overwhelming sometimes.

I will be praying

God Bless

Yesh
  9. jolly

jolly New Member

I love your name - reminds me of my childhood stringing peas on the porch of my g'mom and aunts.

Just dropped by to see if your day was any better. Sometimes, "better" with fibro comes very slowly. It's like God. He works very slowly in our time.

Where is your worst physical pain? Are you taking any supplements? Can we give you any practical advice on how to handle this? Or you give us? We'll all in the same boat. Just with different degrees of the waves surrounding our boats!

Anyway, hope today your grief lifted. We've all been there. And, we're all still here. Jo Ellen
  10. sweetpeas

sweetpeas New Member

up on me. Yes, although the outward situation is till very tough for me, it's easier because I'm looking to our Lord to help. I had just about given up on God in the past several months (something I had NEVER done/felt before) and have been reaching out to him. As it has been said so many times before, it is not God who moves away, we are the ones who move away from God. I have to remind myself that He is the great I AM and "whoever will may come."

Thanks, too, for the compliment re: screen name. I also like yours. It also reminds me of something in my family. There was one of my grandparents that I never knew as he passed away before I was born. My grandfather was described as always being "jolly" (That's the exact word my grandmother always used in describing him.) with a very sunny disposition.

Oh, dear, are you another fellow sufferer of fibro?? I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I have had chronic severe migraines for over fifteen years as well as back and neck pain. No one who has ever felt the knots in my neck and shoulders has doubted my pain, so I think perhaps from now on when I see a dr. I'll say, "See, you can feel the knots in my neck and shoulders." LOL

I just take multivitamins, zinc, and gingko (for fibro fog...don't know if it really helps). What do you take?

Thank you, Jo Ellen, for your concern. I hope you are well and that I get to hear from you again.
  11. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

You are not alone, we are all here for you! I`ve felt all the things your going through myself. I too isolate myself to much but I just don`t have the energy to deal with people very much anymore.

Praying that God will help you through all this. I admire you for still working, it must be so hard. I don`t know why we have to suffer with these DDD, but someday we will know why.

Just take it one day at a time, one hour at a time if you need to.

Best wishes,
    Sandy
  12. sweetpeas

sweetpeas New Member

Thank you for your support and encouragement. I am sorry you are going through similiar experiences. It's no fun, is it? I, too, will pray for you that God's peace and assurance surround you. I'm no saint for working at the same job for eons, it seems. I've complained far too many times in the past couple of years which I know is wrong.

God bless, you, Sandy.
  13. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

I so can relate and understand your situation and pain. At least I have my husband to support me though b/c I have next to no one else, too. It's very hard and I keep having to surrender to the Lord b/c so much doesn't get done in life and I can't always take care of myself the way I need to. Getting to the doctor is difficult, etc. etc.

I will pray my favorite prayer for you tonight. Meditate on it. It's so powerful. Eph 3:16ff

I pray that out of His glorious riches that He would strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being that Christ would dwell in your heart through faith.

And you, being rooted and established in love, would have power together with all the saints to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of God that is in Christ Jesus and that you would know His love that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled with the measure of the fullness of God.

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurable more than all that we ask, think or imagine according to His power that is at work within us. To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations. Forever and ever! Amen!!!

Think about his love. Imagine everything that you ask for and realize that he is able to do immeasurably more. Let's open our hearts to the fullness of His Spirit today:)
    Love, Monkeykat