Desperate for Sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chris350, Mar 12, 2006.

1. chris350

chris350 New Member

Any one have a wonder drug for sleep? I take 50mg of Elavil and 4mg of Klonapin for RSL and 120mg of Cymbalta. I have tried Lunesta and Ambien but they don't work. Plus they leave a terrible taste in my mouth.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Sleepy all the time!!!
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Have you tried a muscle relaxer? I can't take sleeping pills and they work great for me. Just a thought.

Thanks,

Karen
  3. chris350

chris350 New Member

What type of muscle relaxers do you take? I don't think I have taken any.

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Trazadone helps me sleep.
  5. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

have you tried taking 50mg of benadryl at bedtime along with the other meds. it's not a wonder drug but somethimes it can help.
    rachel
  6. swimmer71

swimmer71 New Member

Why so little? I take 50 mg I believe, and that is supposed to be a decent, but not massive quantity.

Another drug that helped me sleep was seroquel.

7. kjfms

kjfms Member

I take Flexeril 10mg at bedtime. You might ask your physician about them. A lot of physicians prefer a muscle relaxer than a sleeping...in my experience anyway.

Thanks,

Karen
  8. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Have had sleep problems seems like forever.

I was taking Trazodone 100 mg for a couple of years now. I was having really bad problems waking up. My doctor suggested I try taking Zanaflex 8 mg(two tablets) before bed and stop the Trazodone. I'm having a much easier time waking up. I've actually been waking up before the alarm.

It's only been like 2 weeks so it's still too early to tell if this is what will work for me.

I'm thanking God though that my daughter has gotten to school on time, recently.

Also, have you ever had a sleep study?

Hope you get some relief soon, Ritatheresa