Desperate mother

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by j9miller, May 23, 2004.

1. j9miller

j9miller New Member

Help!!! Much prayer needed for our family - especially my 14 year old daughter. She was dx with major depressive disorder in March. On May 13 we learned that she had been sexually molested by a boy from her school back in February - which is the probable cause of her depression.

But due to this incidence she began telling all sorts of lies (which is "normal" - we are told - for people who have been through a trauma - a coping tool to avoid the actual problem). She also has made friends with MANY problems as well during this time. All of this has caused our daughter to become someone we do not even know anymore.

We need prayer that she allow God to take away all this pain and lying. That she open herself to the therapy that is being offered. That she begin to tell the truth about ALL things again. That she quit hiding.

Her grades also fell during the last 4 months. Once an A/B student she may now fail Algebra. Please pray that she do well enough these last 12 days to pass all her classes especially math ... I would hate for her to have the added pressure of failing at this point after all she has been through.

And her friends ....they are WRONG for her. With God we were able to change schools for her next year and hopefully that will open all new doors for her but children like this tend to migrate to other kids with the same problems or personality. Please pray she find good Christian friends that will lift her not break her.

I thank you all.

Janine
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I will be praying about your daughter. I have a 13 year old son with ADD and anxiety. I understand, its so hard to see them suffer with these kinds of problems. I hope things improve soon for your family.

Sandy
  3. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Janine
    I am so sorry for what is going on with your daughter.

I know what you are going through

Dear Lord
    I am convinced that you alone know what's best for this family and their daughter, You alone know what there needs are.
    I release this family into your hands for care and protection.
    In Jesus name I pray
  4. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

Dear Janine,

God hears our prayers.

"We need prayer that she allow God to take away all this pain and lying. That she open herself to the therapy that is being offered. That she begin to tell the truth about ALL things again. That she quit hiding......Please pray she find good Christian friends that will lift her not break her."

AMEN.

Praying for you and your family,
    Darlene