desperate need for doctor in Utica ny

Discussion in 'Find Good Fibromyalgia & ME/CFS Doctors & Clinics' started by moonie38, Aug 18, 2014.

1. moonie38

moonie38 Member

I have been receiving a real runaround in trying to find someone anyone in my area that takes my insurance, Fidelis. complete nightmare and at the end of my rope. if anyone out there sees this and knows of someone please please let me know. level ten pain. On crutches for an ankle injury. this means I don't leave my bed very often. I need my life back.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Maybe someone here has the same insurance as you but it seems your insurance company would have a list of all the doctors in your area. If you want to find someone knowledgable about CFS or FM, I would go to acam.org, a website for integrative medicine doctors. There's a search feature at the top of the page under health resources where you can find practitioners in your area, and then you could see if any of them take your insurance.

Mary
  3. moonie38

moonie38 Member

thank you for that. I tried it and I received a result of zero. I am basically being told to live with my extreme pain. I am faking it and go see a psychologist. I was diagnosed over four years ago. The sub par doctor I had then no longer takes my insurance. Drove an hour and a half away last fri. Get there and through appointment to be told at then end of it he doesn't treat fibromyalgia. Nice right? also told me I am overweight, do light exercise (umm severe ankle injury), and follow up with my primary. I am not over weight actually, put on ten pounds being laid up, didn't need that reminder of how unfunctioning I am right now.
  4. lincamp

lincamp Member

Have you seen a Rhuematologist? Dr Martin Morell is on the web as an MD in Uticia who treats fibromyalgia,
    not sure if He takes your insurance. Contact info:

4401 Middle Settlement Rd Suite 106
    New Hartford, NY 13413
    (315) 724-5353 (Office)

Good luck
  5. moonie38

moonie38 Member

he doesn't take my crapy insurance either. Primary doesn't and wont and basically is an idiot. No rhuematolists in my area treat fibromyalgia. I seriously can not deal with the level of idiots I have dealt with over the last three months.
    No one available or willing to treat me.
  6. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

Have you looked at the ProHealth ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia Doctor Database?

Here are two doctors in Utica that you could look at to see if they accept your insurance: http://www.prohealth.com/fibromyalgia/doctors/listings.cfm?ailment=both&city=Utica

If not, you can look at the entire list for New York here: http://www.prohealth.com/fibromyalgia/doctors/listings.cfm?ailment=fm&state=NY

There are several listed in Syracuse: http://www.prohealth.com/doctors/listings.cfm?ailment=both&city=Syracuse

_______
    This information is made available as a convenience "as-is" and ProHealth does not assume responsibility for any inaccuracies. Inclusion in the Good Doctor List does not represent an endorsement by ProHealth nor verification of professional standing. Always check with an appropriate local agency, the American Medical Association (AMA) or American Board of Medical Specialties before engaging the services of any physician.
  7. ellengiles

ellengiles Member