Desperate, please help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Sep 9, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Please, those of you that seek medical help for controlling yeast problems, what rx works for you? So many of them are so damaging to the immune system, I am scared, I have to get this under control and I have lately been using natural supplements to kill off the yeast, probiotics, my family is now concerned that I am playing Dr, well, the Dr is not helping me, he gave me diflucan, a 3 x pill, I took 2 days in a row, did not help, I feel like I am having success myslef but now my family thinks I am being risky I guess with my health, I sit around all the time in misery, unable to work anymore, my husband has a heart condition, has a pacemaker, has congestive heart failure, is having a hard time recently with breathing, I am not any help to him financially and we really need me to get back to work, we cannot survive on his income, I am so desperate, I just don't know what to do, I see my Dr today and he is great but need to know what course to go with on rx, I am afraid whatever he will rx would be more dangerous to me long term, any suggestions? What works for you? What med & for how long, & what risks??? I have fibro, also have herpesand all the usual ailments that go along with this DD.

Jaci
    Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Please, those of you that seek medical help for controlling yeast problems, what rx works for you? So many of them are so damaging to the immune system, I am scared, I have to get this under control and I have lately been using natural supplements to kill off the yeast, probiotics, my family is now concerned that I am playing Dr, well, the Dr is not helping me, he gave me diflucan, a 3 x pill, I took 2 days in a row, did not help, I feel like I am having success myslef but now my family thinks I am being risky I guess with my health, I sit around all the time in misery, unable to work anymore, my husband has a heart condition, has a pacemaker, has congestive heart failure, is having a hard time recently with breathing, I am not any help to him financially and we really need me to get back to work, we cannot survive on his income, I am so desperate, I just don't know what to do, I see my Dr today and he is great but need to know what course to go with on rx, I am afraid whatever he will rx would be more dangerous to me long term, any suggestions? What works for you? What med & for how long, & what risks??? I have fibro, also have herpesand all the usual ailments that go along with this DD.

Jaci
    Jaci
  3. contessa

contessa New Member

(not to be confused with grape seed oil-different product). It's by far the best natural anti-fungal/natural antibiotic product around. And I've gone through a lot of it over the years. I've been using it around three years now. My little bottle cost be around $7 - its used drops at a time so it goes a long way (mine last about a year). It must always be mixed with fluid but can be taken orally, as a soaking solution, for washing the crud off veggies and fruits (they'll last for weeks instead of hours) and even in a douch solution. I've cured my yeast infections, a three year old oral sore, and severe foot fungus with the product. Plus it keeps my fruits and veggies fresh which lowers my grocery bill.

I went thru the prescription route for the yeast infections and the oral sore with no luck. My oral sore I had for three years - 18 hours after gargling with a couple of drops of the oil and warm water, the sore is gone. It's never come back.
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Caprylic acid, grapefruit seed extract (as mentioned before), acidopholous, bifidus, bulgaricus in large amts. and my personal favorite, raw, chopped garlic. I use all of the above in a combo pill until the problem is under control, and then use just the probiotic and the garlic daily to keep it away. I take one tablespoon of garlic per day, and a probiotic capsule with breakfast and dinner. Of course, if you eat a lot of white sugar and white flour, nothing is going to work. They need to be eliminated, and that is very hard to do. Good luck, Klutzo
  5. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I take Nystatin twice a day along with probotics twice a day.Before taking this I had constant yeast infections that were not releived by the over counter treatments.I also had thrush in my mouth and canker sores and my teeth and gums hurt so bad I could barely brush them.After being on the Nystatin for two days my mouth cleared up,teeth&gums no longer hurt and I have not had any problems since.I started on 6/8/02 and am still on them because I am on Doxycycline.Hope this helps.Love,Tracey
  6. herblady

herblady New Member

i rely on diflucan. but there is one thing you can try that has a good reputation. oil of oregano. they may have it here at this site. if not, the health food stores have it. i'm going to get some for myself as soon as possible. cindi
  7. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

My Doc gave my diflucan 200 mg once per week, ongoing basis, I think I will do the probiotics too though, it seems that the medical profession does not want to acknowledge how much damage yeast can do. I am so frustrated, it seems like just when I get one thing fixed it is something else, but then I don't have to tell all you that.

Jaci
  8. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

you can also use yougart plain as you would monistate cream or before or after it. I used for my skin spectazole cream. I can't take Diflucan or any like that I am serverely allergic. I use the above when needed and drink everyday.

Hope this helps some, Kim
  9. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I took 200 mgs a day for several months. I aslo took lots of things for my liver such as milk thistle and N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC). My liver is nice and healthy :) Of course I took probitiocs and tons of other supplements, but I really attribute the yeast reduction to Sporanox (I did natural antifungals for about 6 months and then had the stool test...highest levels of yeast were my results.)

Annette