Desperate prayer for Stephanie, Drugs

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Shirl, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To all of your wonderful Prayer Warriors, I had a phone call tonight from a friend concerning her niece. The niece is in the greatest need of prayer that any parent can imagine her child to be in.

Her Aunt called for prayer tonight, and asked that I put this request on this board, I have asked for prayer here before for her, and God was gracious with your petitions and her prayers were answered many times from here for many years.

She has a drug habit, the Crack Cocaine kind, plus whatever other drugs she can get. Her Aunt and Mother had no idea what was going on with this young woman.

She has been depressed, clinical depression now for quite some time, they got her help with this not knowing what else was going on with her.

She has three small children (which have been removed from her and given to their father), her husband left her, and her Mother and Aunt at totally at a lost as to what to do.

She has sold everything she had of any value, and today they found out she is now selling herself for the drugs, she had nothing else to sell.

I was so in shock hearing this, and it just broke my heart to hear such terrible news about this young girl.

They tried all that they know to do, but you can't get professioal help unless you are willing, and there is no way they can convince her to do so. She is simply not in her right mind.

We truly need the Lord to move quickly for Stephanie, as her very life is in danger from what I have been told about what is going on in her life, and the horrible people she is associated with right now.

Please, please, pray for Stephanie, she is in a complete desperate situation that nothing human can help.

I know of the Power of Prayer, and the Lord does not want this girl to live this kind of life, nor would He want her to die from the drugs or the people she is associated with right now.

I so thank you for all your prayers for myself, but this is much more important than me! This girl has a whole life ahead of her, and three small children that truly need their Mother, normal, and herself someday.

May the Lord bless all of you for your kindness, commitment to this prayer board, and your wonderful prayers for others, those you have never even heard of before.

Thank you.................

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 04/25/2007]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Stephanie's family will be very happy to know others are concerned for this young lady.

We are all concerned that she will not make it without help from the Lord, you are right it will take a miracle of God to save this girl from these drugs and herself.

We feel so helpless when we hear these type of things, knowing as much as we would love to help, we are helpless on a human level, but our God is a big God, and does hear prayer from us, He is the God of miracels, and Stephanie needs a miracle, its so terribly bad with this girl.

Her children are safe for now, they are with their natural father, but they do miss their Mom.

I think there are times He sends these problems to us to make us lean on Him instead of our own knowledge and wisdom.

Again, you are a sweet lady, and I always keep you in my prayers.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

that this child has turned her life into pond scum. I pray that she will allow herself to be lifted up. Addiction is a terrible thing. I can't begin to imagine how her family suffers.
  4. maryl

maryl New Member

I agree with you for God to heal Stephanie from her addiction and self destructive behavior. And have asked Him to keep her in His care, and cover her children with His blood. I went thru this with my son for 15 years. It ripped out our hearts regularly, and nearly destroyed our marriage. We could not have survived without God's loving care. We went thru treatment, and then watched him turn to selling, and then there was a girlfriend and a child, who we took in when he chose drugs over them. Finally (short version) he went to prison. He is home now, and doing well. He is married and has a family and they are working hard to make a good future. My husband and I joke now that we think we have "built enough character". God is good and He loves Stephanie. Trust in Him. Please tell her mother that we send our love and prayers for her too. Maryl
  5. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Shirl - What a special friend you are and I will most definitely keep Stephanie and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

I used to work with troubled children who were addicted to drugs and you are right, Stephanie is the only one who can seek help and recognize the addiction. I pray she does this sooner than later and that she escapes the influence others have on her.

Heavenly Father - We pray for Stephanie and for her family whose lives are torn apart and disrupted by drugs. Please touch stephanie and enable her to indentify this illness. Give her strength to seek help and bless her with the power of your love.

Wishing you many Blessings in return!

Hugs,
    Carolin
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Stephanie is out of the bad neighborhood where she started with the drugs. BUT she is still in great need of prayer for this addiction with Crack Cocaine/etc.

Her Mother called me tonight to let me know she is out of the area that all this started in. So I am passing this on to all of you who have prayed for her.

I know its a long road back, but your prayers are so deeply appreciated by this girls Mother and Aunt as well as myself.

Please keep praying for her, she is in so much need.

God's blessings to tall of you.

Shalom, Shirl