Desperately need a great rheumie/fibro dr. I'm in Los Angeles and would

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by lizard1961, Nov 24, 2012.

1. lizard1961

lizard1961 New Member

Like to find one who is connected with cedars sinai hospital. Please bump! Thanks
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I live in the inland valley and checked it out. I found a Dr. in Diamond Bar that I'm going to see on friday. She takes all type of health insurance. You might find what you need on the acam.org website or just go to cedars web site.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Do check out acam.org - it's a website for integrative medicine doctors. There are some very good ones in Los Angeles and would bet you could find one who has privileges at Cedars Sinai. acam has a link to find integrative med drs in the U.S. and Canada.

I've seen two integrative doctors in L.A. area, Hans Gruenn and David Allen, for CFS, and know there are several more.

Mary
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Dr. Stuart Silverman...he wouldn't be my choice as I'm sure he's probably mainstream medicine, and I'll only work with alternative MD's.....

I gave you a list of MD's....but just thought of this one from years ago when I attended an FM support group.
  5. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

A.R. Franco practices in Riverside and understands fibromyalgia. His approach restored me to functioning a very normal life. He has collaborated with Garth Nicolson on his work with Mycoplasma. He is also active in "The Road Back Foundation." He's a lovely man that actively listens to his patients.
  6. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

years ago when I was searching but now I'm pretty much managed with the FM stuff....what I do and take seems to keep me upright and in liveable pain.

I believe Franco also works with the abx therapy that many on the RBF group us for RA and other auto immune conditions.....[This Message was Edited on 11/26/2012]
  7. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

Yes he does employ abx therapy for RA and auto immune conditions. He also has worked very closely with David Berg and addresses hypercoagulation issues with lumbrokinase and/or Heparin. And uses Transfer Factors against viruses.

I found him by calling Hemex (when David Berg was running it) and they recommended Dr. Franco.

I haven't seen him for years, but have an appointment scheduled in a couple of weeks. I'm managing pretty well, but am under extreme stress and just thought I'd get his opinion.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2012]