Desperately need to vent on this one

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Oct 31, 2002.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

No negativism here but support from all I hope.
    I notice that several people like to bump others messages, which may be important to those posting to get some insight. Why do they bump???? No names, but a certain individual sort of disappoints me. the individual is a nurse/school counselor. My husband is a school administrator for years. All of his counselors and nurses were wonderful. Never a negative but complete support, input and understanding regarding this Fibro illness. Why then the negativism? I don't understand.
    Have a good day peoples and soft hugs along with it.
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

No negativism here but support from all I hope.
    I notice that several people like to bump others messages, which may be important to those posting to get some insight. Why do they bump???? No names, but a certain individual sort of disappoints me. the individual is a nurse/school counselor. My husband is a school administrator for years. All of his counselors and nurses were wonderful. Never a negative but complete support, input and understanding regarding this Fibro illness. Why then the negativism? I don't understand.
    Have a good day peoples and soft hugs along with it.
  3. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

that don't know what we go trough fell as tough think that we are faking it, hang in there
    [This Message was Edited on 10/31/2002]
  4. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Funny but this individual and any others that may bump also have this illness. I would think they would be kind, sympathetic and understanding as well.
    Have a good day Katz and thanks for the support. Soft hugs.
    P.S. Thanks to all the others that support one another on this site.
  5. lindasue

lindasue New Member

happened.....I don't quite understand your question...and as I said, I'm really not sure about bumping...However, I do remember the dance "Bump" from a loooooong time ago.
    Don't think I could handle doing it today.....Just some humor. Hope you don't mind..
    Love,
    Linda
  6. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Bumping I am surmising is when someone tries to bump your message down to the bottom of the page. Is that right any of you readers that have been here for awhile. If not, can someone explain it to us newbies?
    Thanks, soft hugs.
  7. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

BUMPING IT UP. Correct me if I am wrong, but there is really no way you can screw with each others posts that much to affect anyone in a bad way.
  8. herekitty

herekitty New Member

"Bumping" sends a message to the top of the page, not the bottom! A bump is actually any reply - so when someone doesn't have anything to add to a thread, but they think it's important enought to keep going, they may just write "bump".
    Kitty =^..^=
  9. klutzo

klutzo New Member

It means you think what's been said is important enough to keep on the front page for more folks to see. You can even bump your own posts if you don't get an answer, because once it goes to the second page, most will never see it. Every time someone answers a post it gets pushed back toward the top of the pile. You can go to the top right hand corner of the first page of this Board for "New to the Boards, Check here" to see all about how the Boards work.
    So, you see, there's no reason to get upset!
    :)
    Klutzo
  10. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I think Klutzo did a good job in describing bumping, but I don't understand why that upsets you. I know I posted something on how to find a good cfs/fm dr. and Jaimy bumped the hell out of it! lol (Of course she would immediately remove her name from it so it didn't remain on the bottom of the post...it would have made the post that much longer to get to the bottom of, if she had kept all her bumps posted.) The reason she did it is because so many people ask her (and others on this board) for help in what direction they need to go. We both have researched a lot of this information and what I posted was some of the best on how to go about finding a dr.

I dont' know if this was the post you were referring to, but even it it wasn't, its just an explanation as to why some people bump some things. (The only time I bump my own posts is if someone requests it, or if I really need an answer and no one has replied.)

Take care,
    Annette
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We try to look out for one another by making sure a post doesn't get "lost" before folks have had a chance to see it. I will even shamelessly bump one of my own posts if I feel no one has had a chance to read it.

Love, Mikie
  12. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Thanks to all who responded on bumping. I guess I was under the impression that when bumped someone did not like the contents or I thought it wasn't something that would be needed for discussion. Thanks for the lesson.
    Soft hugs.