Desperately Seeking Fibro Compassionate Physician Charlotte NC area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by sshields38, Apr 20, 2013.

1. sshields38

sshields38 New Member

Flowing a heart attack, I received a letter from my primary care physician that she cou ld no longer treat me. I've been to a new Dr but she will only rx Cymbalta or lyrica to me. Cymbalta doesn't work for me and Lyrica makes my depression horrific. I said I didn't care if it was narcotic or non narcotic, I just needed relief! The answer was still the same. If you know of a good dr please let me know ! Thank you !
  2. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

No joy from reading the "Good Doctor " nearer the top of this board?

They are hard to come across, like gold dust here in Britain, i hope someone within your area is able to help. The only alternative is to find one who is willing to learn. Again i dont know if they are rarer. My doctor was extremely arrogant and use to ridicule me about fibro, however, the more research that was carried out the more responsive he became, and dropped the attitude. Its bad when you have to wait for your doctor to catch up in order to believe you. I did often supply him with the latest medical research.

Ameile
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It's a website of integrative medicine doctors, who are much more likely to be knowledgable about FM and effective ways of treating it. If you scroll over "health resources" near the top of the page, you'll find a link to search for IM doctors in your area.

Good luck! I have the same problem with CFS - 99% of doctors either don't believe it's real or don't have a clue what to do about it, most often both.

Mary