detox???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alissab, Jan 12, 2006.

1. alissab

alissab New Member

what are the steps to take to detox from medications, etc. i think i need to do this as i've been taking (2-3) 500 mg vicoden's daily, (2) 50 mg lyrica daily, (1) 20 mg prozac daily, and vitamins (magnesium, multi, B-6, and calcium) for at least three to four months straight. The only thing that varies is the vicoden (sometimes less/sometimes more). i think i need a break, but am unsure of what to do. if possible, would someone forward a list. i appreciate this so...much.
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

do you mean you want to reduce your vicoden for awhile? i would think your doc should help you. i know when i weaned from narcotics my doc recomended reducing by no more than 1/4 of the dosage every three days, but then increasing it slightly if i started having withdrawal symptoms, yawning, sleepy feeling. this worked for me. blessings to you. jen102
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

You might also take some liver and kidney support products, if you are not already doing so. A search should turn up more information.

You should not cut back on or quit any prescription medication without your physician's knowledge.