Detox

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Nov 17, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Can someone explain what "detox" means and just how we can do this?

I've read messages on this but don't understand.

I think I may be interested in trying this.

I'm leaving for now but will be back later tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you all,

BlueSky555
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

Detox you can look up, I'd look up liver detox, but here's something I read and it worked. The glyconutrient Ambrotose will help with detox symptoms. It's expensive but detox is really crumby. I have read about people saying they couldn't make it through detox without it. If one doesn't work, take more until it does. I took three the other day and it helped with brain fog and overall crappy feeling. I had ordered a small bottle to try it and then I ordered the bulk powder. It's supposed to help with alot of things, including the immune system. karen
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

First of all, I want to thank each one of you for the information you have provided. I'm just now getting back online and wanted to read this first.

Mustlovedogs, thank you so much for spelling it out for me. I was way off base about it and had not taken the time to look it up. I knew that there were some here that had actually been through it and I was right. Thank you.

Karen, I'm glad you told me about the Ambrotose; I'll look for some at Wal-Mart. Even if it's expensive, I'm sure it will be worth it. Thank you.

McCourtny, I was taking ambien but I was waking up every night with the jitters. So, my Dr. put me on lorazepam and I'm working with that now. Thank you.

Skeesix, wow; lots of great information you sent. I didn't even realize why we needed to detox but do now. Thank you.

You all are great! Now, I know what to do, and why I'm doing it when I begin to detox. I actually thought it was something that was done by a physician. Silly me!

Again, Thank you all!

BlueSky555
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

Not too long ago, I was up all night, every night peeing every 2 hours or so. It screwed up everything. I was totally relapsed and couldn't move when I woke up. That means every 2 hours, I had to wake up my husband (Saint Tony) to get up and help drag me to the bathroom. I was so bad I couldn't really read and it took me a long, long time to look it up on the net. I finally figured out I wasn't making antidiuretic hormone at night and I went and begged a doctor here (Dominican Republic) to get me some.

I had been to the idiot doctors before and they tried to give me xanax and a bladder relaxer. Of course, that combo didn't work. And after 6 months of all night hell, I was pretty bad off. I did notice that after checking into the hospital a few times and expecting to have a bad night so I could show the doctor, it didn't happen. Finally, I realized it was because I had an IV stuck in my arm all night.

When I got the desmopressin anitdiuretic hormone, it made me stop peeing but I kept waking up every 2 hours. After awhile I remembered the IV thing so I started downing a heavy duty electrolyte solution (electrolyte stamina) twice a day and a good, chelated mineral supplement and right away I was sleeping all night almost every night, maybe waking up once. So it was mostly mineral deficiency! What blessed relief!! This stupid brain fog made it really hard to figure out what to do this year.

I still wasn't feeling good during the day so I got mad. After a few nights of sleeping good I got on the net and got together all the supplements that Cheney and Titelbaum recommend. Some I was already taking. I started taking most of them (after researching them thoroughly) within a couple of days and had dramatic improvement. Now I sleep all night AND feel good during the day. It's about time!! karen
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Amazing! Boy you went through a lot to finally figure out the problem.

I also get up to go to the bathroom every night but only once and that's because I drink a lot of tea and water. But, I wake up on and off, like you, about every 2-3 hours. I just can't sleep all night anymore and I get so fidgity, not just in my legs, but all over my body. It makes me feel like I just want to jump out of my skin. Dr. can't figure it out either.

Thank you so much for the information. This sounds like something I need to try.

I'm happy for you that you're sleeping all night and feeling good.

Take Care,
    BlueSky555

6. Catseye

Catseye Member

I think the Ambrotose is only available online. I bought the first bottle of 60 caps to try for like $39 or something like that, of course I can't remember! It sounded real good and I read others having good luck with it and it's one of the few expensive things I've ordered.

I couldn't believe it really made my detox symptoms go away like people said they would! I went back and splurged on the 150 gram thing of powder for like $138 more or less. Other than the 20 supplements I'm already taking, I'm just starting on the immune things; I'm trying to find the best balance of transfer factor, beta glucan, undenatured whey protein and IP6 so I'm expecting to have some bad detox symptoms. I tried whey protein last week, just a little, and sneezed my head off. Then last night I tried the transfer factor and sneezed my head off this morning and felt funny last night. Then more whey protein today, but no sneezing. Also started IP6, no obvious symptoms, I'll stick with it. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason or organization to what I'm doing, just whatever occurs to me during the day. But I'm feeling better than I have in the last 4 years so I must be getting real lucky!

It's funny, I lie in bed all day surrounded by bottles of pills. I had tried most of this stuff before, but not all at the same time. That was my mistake. I get up by myself now and walk around the house and yard which I couldn't do for most of this year. I spend alot of time on the net and I'm getting to be a real expert on supplements and food. If I work again, it'll be advising people on how to fix their bodies! karen
  7. elliespad

elliespad Member

Detoxification is a lifelong process, a way of life. Not easy to sum up on one page.

I would say, it first involves recognizing and understanding what types of things stress the bodies' detoxificaiton organs, (mostly liver, kidneys,) but also lungs, and skin. And these include all kinds of things, but the ones that do the most damage are synthetic chemicals. Plastics, PCBs, solvents, pesticides, weed killers, paint fumes, certain acids found in cleaning products, MSG, recreational drugs, the list goes on and on. Oh, and Prescription drugs are biggies. They must be metabolized by the kidney or liver and again, these are your main detoxificaiton organs.

At some point, read up on the CYTOCHROME P450 Pathways. This explains what enzymes the liver uses to detoxify. There are charts that show what enzyme pathways EACH drug uses. I found that the 14 drugs I was using, used up all but one pathway, adding further toxicity to my already pesticide poisoned body. But, save the CYTOCHROME lessons for a time when the brain is thinking clear. It took me probably 10 times reading it to digest it.

Then, eliminate, as best you can, the obvious exposures. There are MANY supplements and herbs touted as LiverAids, which contain various combinations of Amino Acids. These are your some of your best bets to gradually improve detoxificaiton. I warn you, detoxification of stored chemicals is uncomfortable and often produces unbearable symptoms.

A great place to start would be chronicneurotixins website, written by Dr. Ritchie Schoemaker. If you think his approach, using Cholestyramine (an old cholestoral drug, which binds to BILE) would help you, you could ask your regular M.D. to prescribe this for you. Mine read up on it and was willing to do it. This is a great way to get a jump start on detoxing. For many people, this is their ticket to health and freedom. Made me pretty sickly, only did it for one month, but I gained a LOT of ground and was able to reduce from 14 drugs, down to 2, in that month.

A REALLY GREAT lifelong supplement to take (which I haven't used in 2 or 3 years, ha!), is ImmunePro. It is UNdenatured whey. This is different than other whey products. This will help your body make glutathione, which is your main nutrient (master antioxidant) for detoxification. If you use this, GO SLOW. It is powerful stuff. I think I started with 1/4 tsp. and always had trouble increasing dose.

(I later learned that I have problems with Phase II Detoxification, which explains why I get REALLY sick when using detoxification herbs.)

Some other good supplements to naturally increase Glutathione include:

Alpha Lipoic Acid
    NAC (N-acetyl-l-cysteine
    Vit C
    L-Methionine
    SAM-e

Probably the safest way to detox is using FAR InFRARED Sauna. This is different thant regular Sauna. It spares the internal organs from exposure to the chemicals being detoxed. But, I don't thinK going to a wellness center once a week is going to do the trick. I would LOVE to buy by own someday. They do sell small portable units but I want one of the free-standing wood saunas.

Well, I'm sure this has overwhelmed you. But these are things you could start