Detroit FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Dec 14, 2005.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Anyone have any good experiences with the Detroit FFC? I contacted them today to find out a little bit about the facility and sounds really good. I am presently working with a chiropractor with supplements and if I don't see some good results with that in the next couple months, the FFC is plan B. I am tired of living like this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

GBHope
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I take it no one has had any experience with the Detroit FFC?

GBHope
  3. toronto133

toronto133 New Member

I went for my first appt at the end of November. I did detail my experience in a previous post that you can find by doing a search on my username.

The staff was great, but I did not have a great raport with the doctor. I am giving it one more try - going back again at the beginning of January for my follow-up appt.

In reading many of the posts there seems to be some real variance in the treatment method between the different FFCs.

I will post again after my next appt. and let you know.
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Which doctor did you see there? I thought there were two? I just don't know what to do. I know there is no actual cure for this disease and my systems so sensitive to everything. Tried taking some supplements chiropractor gave me and now my stomach is horrible. Stopped two or three days ago and still having discomfort.

GBHope
  5. toronto133

toronto133 New Member

Hi GBHope,

I know the website has 2 bio's but I think there is actually only one doctor there. The patient coordinator is very knowledgable, helpful and nice. There are many, many posts from people who are being helped at the various FFC centers. Also, NC2004 also goes to Detroit and is somwhat more positive than me. Ultimately my belief in the FFC protocols is compelling me to go back.

My situation is that I have been been piecing together my own treatment plan over the past 8 months with information from this board and a willing Rhuematologist in the U.S.- and I am 75% better than where I was. I went to the FFC to get the testing to get the rest of the way there (and so that I do not fall back to the way that I was). I do remember the days when I was really desperate and its not fun.

Also I don't think the FFC route will give you quick results, that is I think the treatment takes time, likely 6 months or more to see real improvement depending on what your underlying issues are.

I will post again after my next appointment and let you know.

Take care.
  6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I don't know what to do. I am having a rough time right now. I have had times where I have functioned so, so through the last 10 years, but now since I went to the chiropractor and took his supplements, my stomach is really kicking up and making me feel lovely, so I can't take anything right now. I am going through menopause and my thyroid is screwed up from that. My sed rate went up too. Every time I have a flare, my sed rate goes up, I start getting sore throat and glands, and just feel horrible, spacey, and dizzy. I don't have a bunch of money to go spend at these places just to get run around, so please let me know how you do with your next appt. What did the rheumatologist do to help get you on the road to recovery?

GBhope
  7. toronto133

toronto133 New Member

I think the FFC's are different from most health care practicioners treating Fibromyalgia in that they have an hypothosis of what causes it and seek to treat the underlying causes (not just the symptoms).

I have a pretty long list of things that I am taking. With the exception of antibiotics - everything that I am taking is "self prescribed" and non-prescription based on the research that I have done including this great board. I was hoping (and am still hoping) that my treatment plan can now be managed by the FFC. I live in Canada where we don't get a lot of medical care!

The FFC website provides detail behind their approach (addressing hormonal issues, infections, nutritional issues and blood hypercoagulation which are thought to be all interconnected). It is a pretty complex treatment method that is dependent on what their testing shows is wrong.

What I am doing now is (no treatment plan from the FFC yet)

-Glutathione injections (to raise low NK cell count)
    -Acetyl-L Cysteine and Undenatured Whey to increase glutathione levels
    -"Meyer's cocktail" vitamin injections
    -Zithromax (an antibiotic)
    -Nattokinase, Fibronase - to address hypercoagulation
    -Magnesium, Fish Oil, B-Complex, Multivitamin -for basic nutrition
    -Aceytl-L-Carnitine for mitochondrial function
    -ProBoost - Thymic A protein (weird stuff that helps the immune system)
    -Colustrum to help the immune system

It's probably tough if you have a really sensitive stomach, luckily I do not. Anyway, I think it is a lot better to be under the care of a doctor than doing it yourself - which is why I sought out the FFC.

I'll keep you posted.

Take care.
  8. GBHope

GBHope New Member

how your appt goes in January. I would really like some more feedback on the Detroit FFC.

GBHope
  9. nc2004

nc2004 New Member

I go to the Detroit/Troy FFC. Just search on nc2004 and you can pull up my experiences so far.