Detroit/Troy FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nc2004, Oct 19, 2005.

1. nc2004

nc2004 New Member

I went to the introduction seminar last night at the Detroit FFC. My husband came with me. He is a PhD in organic chemistry and is a laboratory scientist in nacrotics and scheduled drugs. I brought him as an "educated skeptic". Everything we have read on the FFCs is so positive and encouraging, that he had fears of an organization preying the the misfortunes of a group of ill people and promising them miracle cures.

We both came away very impressed. His skepticism has lessened. We have decided that I will do the first two appointments and lab work and then proceed from there.

My first appointment is Wed. October 26th. If anyone is interested in hearing more after the first two appointments, just let me know.

Pam
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Glad you are going for it and take your skeptical husband to the first two appts. Just remember you may get worse before you get better. Thats just Die off. It's a good thing. It may take 4-6 months and up to a year depending on what they find. I good term to search on is "stealth virus." These little buggers are hanging out in you blood fibrins hiding and wreaking havoc. Also read Mikies posts as she has figured out what the FFC is doing onher own!

Good Luck and take Care! Lynn
  3. nc2004

nc2004 New Member

Thanks Lynn for your encouraging words! Pam
  4. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

So happy to hear that you're giving the FFC a try. Nice to have a PhD give his ok on it too....:)

I had my 1st visit on Oct 6th and it went awesome! I was one of the fortunate few who noticed some (not a huge amount), but some improvement in my energy(mostly) and pain immediatley. Others it has taken a few weeks or a few months, but they get there.

I have my 2nd visit on Nov 3rd and can't wait. I'll be getting my blood test results back. I'm ready to put a name to these viruses, etc. and get them treated

It's so worth it to try a regain your life back. I didn't even recognize my posts from the few days following my first visit. I was so chipper and happy and excited about getting my life back.

I wish you all the best and encourage you to take your hubby with you to your appts. You will be getting tons of info. and he can help you remember and ask his own ?'s if he has any.

The doctor's, nurses, LVN's, receptionist's are ALL wonderful. They treat you like you are sane, like they want to help you get better. Instead of giving you some pain meds and a referral to a psychiatrist like most PCP's do.

I'm sorry to be rambling. Please keep us updated on your progress. I'd love to know how you do. Also if you want some info on others members who have been going much longer than I have you can do a search using 'FFC' and get tons more info.

Bye for now!
    Jen

5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

:) Tell us EVERYTHING!!!! I have an appointment there for November 21, but I'm still sceptical and a bit unsure about going through with it. So I'm reading every FFC post with my eyelids taped open! (so to speak) Please tell us how everything goes and what they find and what you take and how you are feeling!
    Thank you!!!!!