Devestated

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Sep 7, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi there: I just came back from the hospital where I was told I have on top of the ra and other issues FM. I am so upset and I have a headache. I don't know where to go from here. Would you be able to breathe a quicky prayer for me, I am feeling so alone and overwhelmed. I know God is here and that He knows what He is doing. I am just in shock. Thank you for taking the time to pray and God Bless you. I don't expect responses as has been previously discussed people are praying even if they don't respond. God will reward each of you for your faithfulness and reaching out in the midst of your own pain.
    Cath
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

What shocking news to get. I will keep breathing your name to the Lord, I am so sorry that you have this additional burden.

Have you been getting muscle pain, or was it just told to you out of the blue?

Will keep lifting you up in prayer. We will all be here for you.
    I've always admired the encouragement and wise counsel that you have in caring for others.

Lord God, I lift up to you your beloved child, Cath. Only you know the depths of all she is experiencing. Please help her from the fulness of your gentle and strong love.
    We look to you, Lord. Amen
  3. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Dearest Jesus, I know you have felt our pain even before we did.

I know you ask only what we can bare. You are our strenght and our salvation.

Thankyou for always being here for us.

Today I ask you please to bring your strength to Caffey. Wrap your loving arms around her.

Hold her next to you and fill her with your love. Please never let her feel alone.

You said " my peace I give unto you", please bring this peace to Caffey, our dear sister.

I ask these things in your Great Name. Amen
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Don't ever hesitate to post here and ask for prayer. We all have times of feeling alone, scared and in shock as you said. I pray you will get information and medical help as needed. I know I panic quickly and think later, so don't you dare feel badly about asking for help.

Please keep us advised as to what is happening with your health and all your life in general. We do care, and pray.

Father, I ask that you hold this sister up, that you comfort and guide her and the people who care for her. Please make her know she is not alone. All here have problems, that is what brings us together. But show her the strength of our caring and prayers. Thank you Lord.
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

You all made me cry. You are great and so special. You all amaze me. You have your own struggles but yet you reach out and touch other peoples lives with the love of God. God Bless you.
    Windblade: It came out of the blue. She was checking my hip that I have been having trouble with when she just about lifted me off the bed. Then she checked the other hip and the area around it and the same thing happened but not quite as bad. Then she checked the tender points and said I was tender all over. The problem is that I have ra so I am always in pain and don't know what is what. Thanks for your concern.
    Cath
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am new to the board but I am a prayer warrior and I just prayed a prayer for you. Sometimes it is hard to find God's purpose in our suffering. I pray that God will cradle you in His loving arms and assure you that He will be there for you always and in all things. I pray that you can feel peace in this storm and that God will give you strength each day to face this new challenge. Hang in there. God will not let you down.

Love,
    Nancy
  7. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Tonight before I go to bed dearest Jesus, I ask for you to be with Caffey.
    Keep her safe and let her know we care very much about her.
    Be with her in her dreams and her waking hours.
    You are the only one that knows her needs so please give her those things. I ask for these things in Your Precious Name, Amen.
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thinking of you also, late this night, and whispering some more prayers for you. May His love, peace, strength and comfort surround and saturate you. Amen

Love, Judy
  9. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dear Caffey,

I am so sorry to hear of your news. I am praying God will be with you and you will have some peace.

These pain conditions are sometimes just so hard to take, they sometimes seem to tie in with each other and we end up with more then one of them. I am so sorry for all you have to endure

May God Bless you

hugs,
    kgangel
  10. caffey

caffey New Member

Everyone for your kind words and taking the time to pray. Even though we don't know each other His love binds us together. Thanks to those who encouraged me to post and talk. This is hard for me as I am the one who is usually doing the ministering.The pastor needs a pastor. You are all special and God is using you in my life in season in ways that you will probably never know until we get to heaven. Somebody needs to hear that and receive it today. God Bless you.
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]
  11. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

Iam fairly new to the worship board. I have arthritis but not ra, and also fm, along with other things.

I am glad we have this place to pray for each other and also to ask advice. are you seeing a pain management doctor. i found he is better than the ruematologist i was seeing, but all depends on the doctor.

God Bless you Caffey, and may the Lord Jesus shine forth His healing powers into your suffering body.
    as you read this prayer, know that you are not alone...
    our paster today read from second Kings chapter 5...
    he talked about a man that had leprasy and the Lord told him to go to the water and immerse his body seven times...
    he did and he was healed.

the message was, that it didn't matter how many times God told him to immerse his body, what mattered was that he listen to God, and if he said to go under 7 times or 20 times...then that is what he should do. the point is, to listed and have faith in the Lord, and he will hear your prayers and give you answers.

God Bless you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
  12. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

How are you doing today. Just been thinking about you and praying that you are feeling better than when you first posted this.

Nancy
  13. caffey

caffey New Member

everyone for your prayers and kind words. Thank you Nancy for checking up on me. That means so much to me. I have stopped crying and somehow it seems like a bad b movie. I have an incessant headache is that normal? God Bless you.
    Little Bluestem you are so right half the battle is knowing what is going on and then you can deal with you. Thank you for your kind words.

Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2006]
  14. tlayne

tlayne Member

I am so sorry to hear this. My dear sweet Jesus, I ask that you would hold are dear sister and your beloved child in the palm of your hand. Lord please let her feel your loving presence. I ask for healing, and peace. I ask that this headache be gone now by the power in the stripes that you bore for her healing. In Jesus' name, Amen
  15. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am glad you have stopped crying. As far as the headaches I am not sure what others experience. I do have a lot of them but I have many allergies and I know that has a lot to do with mine. I am also a band director and that gives me quite a few right there. LOL If this is any consolation my alternative doctor told me that when treating FM the sooner you can start on a treatment plan the better. In other words he said if you have had it for a long time which I have the longer it takes to turn things around. I have been making steady changes especially over the last five years regarding my diet. I have cut out sugar the last five years and I cannot tell you what a great thing that was. I was the biggest chocoholic too. I exercise relgiously. I get up at 4:20am and do stretching and that really helps. I also bike when there is warm weather and I have several pieces of exercise equipment. I am juicing now and I just have such faith that this is also going to be a big turnaround for me. I will pray for you in this regard. Don't think of it as a death sentence. I have been able to still teach all these years with it and I am still standing. I am not going to say it has been easy but I try to keep a positive attitude and God has given me the strength every day. This will be my 34 year of teaching so I can say God is faithful and He will be for you too. Hang in there.

Love,
    Nancy
  16. caffey

caffey New Member

Nancy thanks for your post. I really needed that today. I havejust been diagnosed as type 2 diabetic so I am changing my diet. I know it is a process of sorting through the info. I am ticked that they give you the diagnosis then they walk away like you know everything. I am still waiting for an appt. with a pain managemnt clinic. I'll have to get on their case next week. Again thanks. You are a special person.
    Cath
  17. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

You certainly have a lot to deal with but our God is a big God. I look back on my life and I can't believe the things the Lord has helped me to get through when at the time I thought there was no way. He always makes a way for us if we can just lay it at His feet and trust Him. I don't mean to sound trite or sound like just another cliche. I will pray that you will have wisdom in the proper steps to take now to deal with all of these health issues. You may find that some things might kill two birds with one stone. I have a feeling that eating properly for your diabetes may help the fibro also. Hang in there. You can and will do it.

Love
    Nancy