DEVIN STARLANY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATLADY912, May 10, 2003.

1. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

I just brought her book, which i was told to buy the green one and I was surprized about all the stuff she had in it.
    There were area's of pain that I was not aware of and also she discusses the nutrients that really are no good to take for fibro. This is a very very good book and I hope you all will spend the $20.00 for it because it is worth every dime.
    So take care of yourself by buying this book. I can't get over all the stuff that I have learned from it. Had it not been for a girlfriend of mine I would not have known about this wonderful book.

Gentle hugs,
    Janice
  2. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I bought her book before I learned how to get on the internet, and I learned so much from her about FMS and the CMP. I went to her website and it lead me to this website through other links. Best day I had since the day I was given the dx. I had never even heard of FMS/CMP till the dx, and then I headed for the Bookstore, I am a firm Believer in knowing what's going on with my body.

I asked Dr.'s questions even as a child, but got dirty looks instead of answer's. No one had any.

Good move, I highlighted everything in coded color's, lol, so I could keep track or certain Symptoms and Conditions and treatments that I felt applied to me.
    Hubby say's I'm to compulvise lol, ya think? ;o>

Happy Reading and God Bless you
    kredca4/sharon
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have a number of books on our conditions and her books, along with Dr. St. Amand's book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA," are my favorites. For general health, though, "The Nutritional Guide For Syndrome X" is the most important book I have ever read.

The book Jelly told us about, "Living Well With Autoimmune Disease," by Mary Shomon is very good and an eye opener. I believe after reading it that FMS/CFIDS are autoimmune or at least pre-autoimmune with many of our associated conditions are autoimmune.

Love, Mikie
  4. jolly

jolly New Member

and am answering just to bump this back up. This is the fibro's bible. Plus written by women with fibro. You won't feel so crazy with all your weird symtoms after reading this book. If nothing else...that's worth it! Jo Ellen