DGL - why only in chewables? my "contaminated" suppliments rant

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Weird. And all the brands of DGL we have here have maltodextrin and other sweeteners in them. Bummer. I did a search to find one without sweeteners and in capsule form, and it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Did find one though, but I will have to order it from the states and pay shipping!!

Why don't they try to keep suppliment ingredients simple? Why are they all full of rice flour and guar gum and cornstarch and stuff like that? We picked up some ester-C the other day that had coloring and flavoring in it, and it wasn't even a chewable! I'm housebound, I can't go and inspect the bottles myself, and dad hates to have to return things.

It's just too hard to find suppliments that don't have one nasty thing or another in them!
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

and get list of ingredients in total...

The thing is, i have tried DGL without anything else in it, much less a sweetener... it was a chewable as it is the only kind that is supposed to work;

it made me spit it out or I would've thrown it up... very rank!

I believe there is something about that it has to be chewed and mixed with your saliva to work the best, not just swallowed in a capsule - that is why there are no DGL capsules. So unless you are allergic to something in particular, I wouldn't worry about the amount of sweetener in it, usually pretty minimal, just enuf to make it palatable... try Enzymatic Therapy.

Otherwise, DGL works wonders, truly!

Hope this helps,
    Victoria
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

and they are usually cheaper that way than the same item in caps. Another way to beat the system if you want to avoid binders is to always buy in capsules. then you can break them open and hide them in food, or dissolve in water.

jeanne
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

without being disguised in some way;

well, at least in my opinion!

:)
    Victoria