Dhcpolwnk?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by toniad, Sep 12, 2002.

1. toniad

toniad New Member

Hi, I'm Tonia,
    Don't know if we've met yet, so I wanted to introduce myself. I recently posted about changing my major from Pre-Education to a Patient's Rights Advocate, and was told you know something about this profession.

Could you please email me? I'd like to ask you somethings about that.

Thanks and well wishes,
    Tonia D.
    tonia_1972@yahoo.com
  2. toniad

toniad New Member

Hi, I'm Tonia,
    Don't know if we've met yet, so I wanted to introduce myself. I recently posted about changing my major from Pre-Education to a Patient's Rights Advocate, and was told you know something about this profession.

Could you please email me? I'd like to ask you somethings about that.

Thanks and well wishes,
    Tonia D.
    tonia_1972@yahoo.com
  3. selma

selma New Member

what letters stand for, but good luck in your chosen profession.

Love, Selma
  4. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

Since somebody mentioned my ID name (dhcpolwnk) and wondered what it stands for, I thought I'd let everybody know. It stands for [D]isability and [H]ealth [C]are [POL]icy [W]o[NK]--dhcpolwnk. It refers to the fact theat I work on public policy involving disability and health-care issues. If anybody is interested in learning more, I invite you to visit my personal web site at http://www.geocities.com/dhcpolwnk . I'm currently on SSDI, but I'm still working on these issues on either a volunteer or (when I can get somebody to pay me) on a consultant basis. Even before my fibromyalgia diagnosis, I didn't have the energy to drum up enough business and work enough hours to earn the "substantial gainful activity" amount specified by Social Security. My MRI (for MS) and my neurologist's assessment on the SSA form apparently convinced SSA. I was accepted for SSDI on my first try, even though I still consider myself self-employed may be able to earn *some* money.

--Laura