DHEA Pregnenelone supplements/any one taking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lavender14, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lavender14

lavender14 New Member

I'm looking for others who are taking dhea and, or pregnenelone supplements. If taking, what did your blood work show, and what mg. are you taking.

My DHEA level was <15 norm range 25-220
    My Pregnenelone was <10 norm range 10-230

I am taking 25mg DHEA and 100mg Pregnenelone.

would appreciate your input!!

jennie

[This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I just started taking DHEA and am adding pregnanalone in a month. I'm taking 50 mg DHEA.

My DHEA was also low, along with testosterone and progesterone.

I just posted about this also and didn't get many responses so I hope you get some. I want to know if it has helped others also.

What are your symptoms? Any other interesting test results? Just wondering if we're similar at all.

Sofi
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

I was having a problem with hormones, I could tell by my symptoms, but all my bloodwork was "normal" when I had the doctor check them. I don't remember the numbers, but I thought the thyroid sounded a little low. I started taking about 25 mg of each, dhea and pregnenolone and did that for about a month or so. It did help me, but something was still missing. I didn't feel all the way right.

I ordered a thyroid support supp and an adrenal support supp and that was what I needed. I took them for about 2 months and quit and didn't experience anymore hormone imbalance symptoms, or at least not the ones I had before.

best wishes,

karen
  4. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

How does one know which type of DHEA to take? Micronized, Keto, sublingual, etc.? Anyone know which type is the best?

Thanks, Swedeboy
  5. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I don't know, they were discussing this on my post re dhea.

Lisa said it was important that it be micronized. I'm not sure what the consensous was on the keto/not.

Mine doesn't say micronized so I don't know if it's good or not. It's by Natrol.

Sofi
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

From what I remember, dhea is a precursor hormone to many other hormones and pregnenolone is, too, and it can even turn into dhea. So I figured if I had any slight hormone imbalances (that wouldn't be obvious from testing), between the 2 of these, my body would be able to sort it out and make any that were needed. I was just helping the hormone creation process. I had read in many different places it was a good mix to try for hormones that were out of whack. It turns out I was really just short on nutrients, though.

karen
  7. grace54

grace54 New Member

The ones I take I got from the fibro/fatigue clinic.It just says adrenal optimization dhea/pregnenolone 50/100mg respectively.
    I never seem to see any change taking them though even with the componded cortisol. the one thing that did stimulate me was the testosterone shots though but now I seem to have gone back where I was. I need to consult with DR. again Even my compounded t-3 thyroid meds at high dose doesn't seem to help but for some this stuff really works fast.
    My DHEA level was 100, my DR likes it >250[This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]