Diabetes and ME?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Electric Diva, May 25, 2013.

1. Electric Diva

Electric Diva Member

Good day I am a newbie to the family here....been sufferin' since 1994 with ME and its associated ills. I would love to hear from other members of our family about a few thoughts that I have been wondering about for a long time. No one in my family on either side for generations has ever suffered from Diabetes. Yet I also have TYPE II for about 7 years now. Do any of you folks out there also suffer from both diseases ? I realize not being able to exercise and then packing on the pounds because of a sedentary lifestyle caught up with me with the diabetes. Yet I have been told time and time again that I am an rather unusual diabetic. My blood sugar spikes high and low suddenly and these lows made my life hellish as I also packed on weight trying to combat the horrible lows so eating carbs was the only way out and you can see how the cycle becomes so devastating. Which brings me to my next health hurdle, I can't lose weight unless I am acutely ill from food poisoning for example. I have tried Weight Watchers and they said it did not work because of my health issues despite having followed the program correctly to a Tee for six months. I walk and workout as much as I am able. I watch what I eat but I never lose any weight. Anyone else out their suffer the battle of the bulge? Being a 47 year old female does not help! Any tips on winning the war against the battle of the bulge? My ME is bad enough that I can't work. I have a lot of weird symptoms. The other disease I have acquired since getting ME is ITP. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura or low red blood cell counts. Again, I would love to know if this condition is somehow symbiotic with ME and do other ME sufferers have this too?
    And lastly my friends, if anyone has any tips or tricks in dealing with hormonally induced migraines that I am getting daily now then I am all ears! Thanks for hearing me out and sorry for being so long winded. From Canada with love, Electric Diva.