diabetes or what?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by baeder31, Aug 22, 2008.

1. baeder31

baeder31 New Member

Hello Ladies, Things on the home front are looking up with going to the therapist office but will still have a back up plan.

I do have a question,,,
    Dailey at night I wake up 5 times to use the bathroom and I have a dry mouth and very thristy, even throughout the day i'm in the bathroom and thristy. I do have hypogyclemenia but could this be diabetes or what can this be?
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

It sounds like you need to make an appointment with your physician.

Tell him/her exactly what is going on and have some testing done.

Best of luck,

Karen :)
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

diabetes insipidus....search for his posts under username Richvank.
  4. LaurieB

LaurieB New Member

It's not necessarily diabetes insipidous, which involves a high volume of urine output.

Diabetes Mellitus, is a different type of diabetes and Types 1 and Type 2 are also two different diseases. Confusing, I know and often misunderstood today, even by RNs. Type 1 symptoms include frequent urination and extreme thirst when hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) occurs which are the symptoms baeder31 mentioned. While Type 1 diabetes usually occurs in childhood or adolesence, it's no longer rare for it to show up in adulthood.

I know these things because I've been a juvenile-onset, insulin-dependent Type 1 diabetic for 40 of my 51 years.

In any case, as has been suggested by others, baeder31, do get to your primary care physician for an in-person check-up asap. Hopefully, it's none of these things -- but the symptoms warrant a visit to your doctor.