Diability Claim Denied

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by patru10, Oct 27, 2005.

1. patru10

patru10 New Member

I filed for disability August 19, received a call last week for social rep saying i would have to see one of their doctors. Well today i received a letter of denied. I don't understand this, one day they want me to see one of their doctors and now i get this letter. Any help is appreciated.
  2. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

sorry to hear of your claim being denied,,i was also denied back in july 1st claim but ,, i appeal it and now i went to to see the ss dr. so now i`m waiting for there answer,,,,keep trying don`t give up. i filed back in may 05.,,,,you said you were denied is that your first claim?,,, usually the first claim is denied but don`t stop trying ,,,,gmom
  3. zreenie

zreenie New Member

My husband just filed in September and got a letter last week saying he had to go to one of their doctors next month.

I know people who have gotten it the first try and one lady on the chat room who had tried for SEVEN years! She finally got it.

Weve been told that getting it your first try is almost unheard of but if you dont give up it will happen.

Anyone who knows has told us to get a lawyer after the first denia;. You pay them nothing until you win and then they gey 25% of your back pay.

Thats the one good thing , if you do get denied. No matter how long it takes they have to pay you from the first time you applied as long as you keep appealing. 25% is a lot but without the lawyer you may not have gotten anything.

Consider this and contact an attorney soon. If they have all your info on the first denial they are already prepared to appeal and things go faster.

Call the 800 number and find out why you got the denial before you went to their doctor.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get everything you deserve. Hang in there!
  4. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

THIS IS PROTICOL. IT IS THE PROCESS USED AND THEY ALWAYS TURN PEOPLE DOWN THE FIRST TIME. THIS WILL BE SO FRUSTRATING IT TOOK ME 3 YEARS TO FINALLY GET MY $$

GET A LAWYER THAT SPECIALIZES IN THIS AREA AND THEY WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT TO DO. JUST BE PATIENT. YOU WILL FINALLY BE APPROVED. KEEP GOOD RECORDS.

GOOD LUCK!!
    PIRT