Diagnosed 2 weeks ago........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by whsechick, Oct 24, 2002.

1. whsechick

whsechick New Member

I feel so helpless, I'm not used to all this pain. And I'm tired, ALL THE TIME! The only one's who don't role their eyes at me and tell me it's all in my head, is my mother & my daughter. Whay a blessing they are! Especially my daughter, (she's 15) she cleans the house, cooks dinner, makes sure the boys are fed,and helps me to bed at night, (I usually fall asleep on the couch) She takes the week-ends off and just hangs out with her friends, but if I get to bad, she's right there to pick up the peices! This message board has also been a great help. It's nice to know I'm not alone!

Susan/whsechick
  2. whsechick

whsechick New Member

I feel so helpless, I'm not used to all this pain. And I'm tired, ALL THE TIME! The only one's who don't role their eyes at me and tell me it's all in my head, is my mother & my daughter. Whay a blessing they are! Especially my daughter, (she's 15) she cleans the house, cooks dinner, makes sure the boys are fed,and helps me to bed at night, (I usually fall asleep on the couch) She takes the week-ends off and just hangs out with her friends, but if I get to bad, she's right there to pick up the peices! This message board has also been a great help. It's nice to know I'm not alone!

Susan/whsechick
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Susan, welcome to our world! Its wonderful that you have such a great daughter, it took my kids sometime to realize that I was in so much pain. I was such a bundle of energy for years before this Fibro hit me.

Were you diagnosed with FM or CFS? you didn't say.

Glad you found our board, and will be looking forward to hearing from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

you are ill, but you are also truely blessed to have such a wonderful daughter!

If you ever read through my posts, you'll see I have no support at all :( This board is a great way to vent, learn and no feel so all alone.

welcome
  5. whsechick

whsechick New Member

Diagnosed w/ both. Doc thinks I may have sleep apnea as well, but since I sleep alone there is no one there to tell me if I snore or not! I've always been the strong one in the family, so this has been real hard for me. I'm still working, not taking any meds..can't afford them...man, it even hurts my fingertips when I type! Is this a forever thing??
  6. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

I wish you didn't have to hurt so much. I remember when I first "came down" with this wretched illness and was so terrified at how I was feeling and frustrated at the meager info my docs were giving me. My bro asked me if I ever felt like the biblical Job--you bet. I KNOW you will feel better than you do now--don't panic or be fearful. If you have drs who take your problem seriously, great! Otherwise, ditch 'em!! I would recommend seeing a rheumatologist, provided they don't see Fibro as a mind problem but a genuine physical illness. Hang in there, friend! God bless, Al