Diagnosed 2 years ago...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Maribelle, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

Hello,
    This is the first time for me to post. I was diagnosed
    about 2 years ago with FMS. I did not believe the doctor because it sounded so weird. I did what he suggested...take an antidepressent and took a variety of
    stomach medicines and sleep medications. This past summer
    I got off the antidepressent (couldn't ever cry)so that I
    could feel the grief I was experiencing with my mom being
    sick (cancer). I got off the stomach meds as well. As for
    the sleep medication, I take as needed. My mom just passed away (approx 1 month ago) and my symptoms are worse
    than ever! I am in constant pain and my legs are so heavy and painful. I own and operate my own retail store which
    has me extremely exhausted since I worked 7 days a week
    and long hours over Christmas. Now that the holidays are winding down I plan to go back to see my doctor. I was
    wondering what I might be able to take immediately to feel
    better. I have tried over the counter pain relievers but
    they are working real well. My brain feels foggy and my
    hears ring, I lose my balance and have lots of pain and
    dizziness. Is FMS a progessive illness? Please help.

Maribelle
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Welcome and I am sorry you lost your mom. I'm sure you had a very difficult time with her illness. You mention a problem with your legs - you might read about a condition called PAD - it may not apply to you - but you never know.

PAD causes pain and heaviness in the legs - you can ask your doctor about it.

Congratulations on having your own business - you have worked so hard, maybe you also need a good rest to recover from the holidays.

There are alot of pain relievers but you should have a complete physical and make sure you don't have something else going on. I take Ultram (prescription) and Tylenol Gel Cap - Extra Strength - they seem to help.

Do you have a good doctor for fibro? You asked if fibro is progressive - personally I do not think so. When I came to this board two years ago I was very sick.

I have worked to get better in the last two years and I am. You need to learn to really take care of yourself.

That means rest, diet, reduce stress, treat pain as needed, etc.

When we don't take care of ourselves our bodies have a way of screaming for help and shutting us down. I found once I learned how to really take care of myself I never suffer like before.

3. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

Thank you for the info. I was wondering about PAD. I also have knots in the back of my knees which hurt very much.
    I am so terrified of having tests for all of my symptoms,
    since my mom died of cancer, I can't stop thinking that I have it too. Please pray that I will gain strength to seek
    the medical tests/treatments that I so despartely need.

I am feeling so foggy and out of whack, so I must get the help I need. I just hope I can find a good one. I live in
    Dallas, Texas. Do you know of a good doctor?

Thanks and may you be blessed for responding to my message.

Maribelle
  4. darude

darude New Member

Had this for two years!! Leg pain has been getting increasingly worse with muscle spasms.
  5. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

Hi and thanks for answering...what are you currently doing for your leg pain? Do you have any knots in your muscles?
    I feel so much pain and anxiety about this illness. I just want to get better.

Maribelle