diagnosed today with rrms

Discussion in 'multiplesclerosis' started by daylight, Jun 14, 2010.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

I wish that I could tell you that I'm relieve but that not so. I that is how I had though that I'd feel when I go the news .
    So my neurologist say you have rrms and he wants me on iv steriods for 3 day .O'Yeah possible roid rage, but probably not. After that I'm to call my Gp to discuss meds (shots) .
    Again I should be happy to no know what I have but I have mixed emotions.
    I've waited years to know the truth and now I'm freaking out over shots. Sounds dumb huh?
    So now I have a diagnoses of RA and MS. Boy do I need ice cream.

D.
  2. gamakim2

gamakim2 New Member

Hi,
    I hope you got some Ice Cream, that sounds great right now after my day with two doctor apts. today. To start before I ask the question I want to fill you in on me. I have Fibromyalgia, Chronic Neuropothy lower and upper extremities. RA, Degenerative Disc Disease, sever migraines. I fall at least 3 to 4 times a week. I loose my balance all the time and light headed. I also have a foggy right eye that just came on in the last 4 months. I also have Planter Phasitis well I botched that spelling up. It affected the tendons etc. in the feet, toes and ankles. I have to get shots every 3 months in both feet or I can't walk. Now My father has Progressive MS. and was diagnosed when he was in his early 40' and worked until his 50's. I have been disabled permanently since 1999 and I am now 55. I have seen my neurosurgeon again for the 3rd time and he now has said I need to see a neurologist do to all my problems I am having and that is why I am replying to your message. Because since my lower back surgery I can't lay on my sides very long and have to switch, then I have a hard time laying on my back or sitting for some or any time and have to get up. I fall all the time and if I don't know if my legs are planted down right my legs buckle right under and I go down.

So now is my question, how did your neurologist diagnose you with MS and any details would be appreciated. I'm desperate. My father has said he thought for many many years that he thought I had all the symptoms as he did before i started getting even more.

I hope you write back. I will even be glad to give you my email too.
    gamakim2