"Diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia? - It Could Be Lyme Disease"

Discussion in 'News and Research' started by Nanie46, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

2. merimac

merimac Member

All of the information written in the article by Connie Strasheim sounds like me. Every bit of it is what I go thru everyday. My skin is very tight and darkening from taking the minocycline which does not seem to be helping after taking it for a year now. I still feel like I did a year ago if not worse. I woke up about 4 years ago and my dog had a big red spot on her back. I had big red welts on the side of my face. Put alcohol on both of us and went on. Today I'm reading articles on scleroderma, lupus and chronic fatigue syndrome and I'm experiencing some of all these. decided not to take Cellcept, Prednisone, plaquenil. I am going to be tested for Lyme next week.
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi merimac,

I'm so sorry to hear all that you are going through.

Please be aware that the standard Lyme tests are very unreliable. They miss about 50% of cases of Lyme disease, but most doctors are not aware of that.

Here is a good website for you to read about Lyme and other tick-borne diseases.

If I can help you with any more information, just let me know.

[ advertisement ]