Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia...Looking for Friends with same

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammyk_1973, May 21, 2006.

1. tammyk_1973

tammyk_1973 New Member

Hi...i am 33 years old and live in Texas. Would love to find friends to talk with and learn more about the disease i have, and just to make new friends also. I also would like to help others as i am dealing with my own problems.

If anyone is interested, i would love to talk.

Tammy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/21/2006]
  2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Tammy, welcome to the board. However, I'm sorry it is under these conditions that we are meeting. I'm 24 and have CFS and fibro. My fibro is relatively mild, and I don't take medications for it. It seems to only hit during bad weather and periods of extreme physical or emotional stress. My CFS, on the other hand, is out of control.

It's difficult to have a chronic illness, but, you will eventually learn your body's limitations. Through trial and error you will learn what works and what doesn't. Read as much as you can about your disease, however, don't become too absorbed in it that it takes over your life. Some people become completely disabled by these illnesses, while others are able to live a fully functioning life in moderation. So, you see, the disease presents itself in a variety of ways. Hopefully, you'll fall on the better end of the spectrum. But, you may have times where it's worse and other times it's better.

During the flares, take the time you need to rest and recover. During the better times, try not to overload yourself to the point where you send yourself into a flare.

Again, welcome aboard. Hopefully you have a good team of doctors who can get the ball rolling on treatment. A rheumatologist is notorious for treating fibro, however, many people also see an internist.

Gentle healing hugs,
    Kim
  3. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

illness. The moderators will delete any email addresses so Im typing fast. As you make friends here, You can simply type in their screen name in the title to talk to them when they see the message. You can also click on the screen name on the left of the messages and it will show you their profile if they have put one in.

You have now found a place where we understand anything you are going through. Someone here will always try to help you. If you want to talk about something other than FM, Put OT (OFF TOPIC) in your heading. That way, we know if you are writing about something besides FIbromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue syndrome which also uses this board.

This site has saved my life and I hope it will help you too.

Again, welcome

Suzette
  4. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi Tammy, I am 37 and was diagnosed w/fibro at age 26. I understand how you feel. I went through a period when I thought I was going to have to live on disability the rest of my life. A lot has changed in my life. I like to chat, so come join the rooms!
  5. kwayne

kwayne New Member

HI TAMMY IM KATHY AND I HAVE FIBRO I ALSO HAVE SARCODOSIS WHICH IS A LUNG PROBLEM AND I WOULD LOVE TO TALK WITH YOU ABOUT FIBRO OR ANYTHING ELSE.IM HERE IF YOU WANT TO TALK.I LOVE MEETING NEW FRIENDS ON LINE.OH I LIVE IN ONTARIO CANADA.AND IM 50 YEARS OLD.

KATHY
  6. vertiesmth

vertiesmth New Member

HI TAMMY, SO HAPPY YOU FOUND THIS WEB SITE THERE ARE ALOT OF CARING PEOPLE ON HERE INCLUDING MYSELF. ACCORDING TO MAYO. COM WE'VE HAD THIS ALL OUR LIVES. IT TAKES SOMETHING TO BRING IT OUT, LIKE ANOTHER DISEASE OR EMOTIONAL UPSET. I'VE HAD BOTH. MOST EVERYONE HAS THE SAME SYMPTOMS ALOT OF PAIN. BUT EVERYTHING THAT WORKS FOR ONE DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK FOR ANOTHER. BUT WE KEEP TRYING. AND I MEAN EVERYTHING ON THE MARKET IF WE CAN AFFORD IT. I TAKE XANAX FOR PAIN AND SLEEP AT NITE AND ALSO GRAPESEED EXTRACT. I REST WELL AT NITE MOST OF THE TIME. YOU MUST HAVE LOTS OF REST. I'M FROM NM AND THERE ARE SEVERAL HERE WHO HAVE FM. HUGS, VERTIE
  7. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I am sooo sorry that you have to suffer this fairly unknown to Drs. ailment. But this is the place to come to talk and met new friends who are suffering too.

I come here when I am so down in the dumps from it all and vent awhile. The sweet replies i get from the board members really cheer me up. Be sure to check the E-Mail box at the bottom.

I know that it is so hard to live with - the pain sometimes gets unbearable, I know. But come here toi talk to your new friends. It has been a life-saver for me.

Don't be embarrassed to to ask any kind of a question or to talk about any topic pertaining to your life with FMS.

Welcome and Gentle Hugs to you
  8. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

You've come to the right place!

I'm 38 dx about 4 yrs. ago, think I've had it since I was a teen.

Can no longer work, waiting for SS disability to hopefully come through.

Have to keep my post's short as I get too tight in neck and shoulder's.

welcome to the board,

claudia
  9. fibrofirend44

fibrofirend44 New Member

I will personally tell you that in days that I have felt so bad, I found many great advice of good fibro friends on this board. Everyone I have met is really nice and they can relate to our pains and problems.
    I have had fibro for over 7 years. I have had CFS for same time, and the worst is costochondritis, which is the ribcage pain..that one is the worst for me. Others have others aches and pains, and we all share so much advice here of things that have worked for some. I am a believer of the heating pad...I use it for almost every ache.
    You take care, find a great doctor who cares and listens to you as an individual, because that is very, very important.
    May you find great friends here so you dont feel like you are all alone with this...take care...fibro hugs to you today from the South-east, USA.
  10. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Hi Tammy I am Donna, age 48 and live in Plano, Texas. I have suffered from Fibro for at least 10 years and have been in a major flare. I don't know what part of the State your in, but here it has been in the upper nineties this weekend and that about does me in. I am married and we will celebrate our 25th Anniversary Tuesday, we have one son who is 19 years old and he just finished his first year of college. We own a family business and sometimes we work long hours so that usually gets me too.

I would love to correspond with you so here is my e-mail address if you want it. dkb1100/@hotmail.com. This e-mail address will probably disappear quickly, so try and write it down before it goes.

TxSongBird
  11. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

This is the best place to make friends,everyone understands each other and they are always there when you need someone.
    Again welcome! And yes I'd love to talk.
    Mary
  12. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

HEY girl! (As we say in Texas)

I am a Texas girl too. I'm really glad you found us.This is a great place to get hugs and support. Someone is always up....seeing as we don't get much sleep! No question is stupid and few are too personal... everyone is very generous with hugs and help.

I am about 6 miles due siouth of DFW airport. I have had Fibro. for 12 years. I am a momma to 3 kids 15-5 years. My husband is very supportive and a great help. I am 34 years olds so we are in a similiar boat.

I would love to talk to you more. If you feel comfortable, I have put my direct e-mail in my profile. Some do that, others are not comfortable. That's o.k. too!

Be sure to fill out your profile though. It really help to let us get to know you. You can put as much, or as little as YOU are comfortable with. You can click on our names in purple and blue to pull up our profiles so you can get to know us.

I'll be keeping an eye for you. Hugs and wellness to you.

jenni

13. kriket

kriket New Member

Hey there. I am also from Texas and was looking for new friends in the area too. I am 28 and have had fibro. for about 5 yrs. So sorry that you have this dd. We all support each other here. You have come to the right place.

Kriket