Diagnosed yesterday, after years of Dr. visits.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dixie_Amazon, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

I have bronchitis and I called to make an appointment with my usual group and my regulars were not available but a doctor from another group was filling in and was available. I talked to her about how I was feeling and that that the feeling tired part was nothing new. Before I knew it she was check the trigger points. She nearly had me on my knees on the ones around the hips.

I was sent home with an Rx for 5mg Flexeril to take at night and another appointment in 30 days. It is a relief to be diagnosed and to know to some degree what I am dealing with.
  2. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear you are sick but there is lots of great people here!!~hugs~Mick
  3. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Dixie:

Welcome to our little world, sorry about the dx. but also your right it can be a relief. The people here are kind souls, lots of good info, support for each other. whether in good times or bad.

Feel free to ask questions there are many old timers with years of dealing with these disorders and we all have had our share of frustrations, pain and bad days. We are here to help each other.

By the way if you have trigger points Haleycole has an excellent post from last week I belive just go back through the message boards using the previous button.

Again welcome post as much as you need or feel.

In wellness (or not)

Suz45
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  4. cct

cct Member

Welcome!

We are happy that you found us . . . and we are sorry that you had to.

There is alot of really great stuff happening on this message board. I hope that you will be able to check in often.

I went through years of fighting with bronchitis, so I know what that can be like too.
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Just wanted to welcome you~

And like everyone else said,.. its a shame of your DX.
    But I know its gotta be some relief just having a name to call all your pain. Instead of being denied you have anything wrong.
    Fibro is not a picnic.
    Some days are not to bad,other days are horrible and I'm couchbound. (wanting to order out dinner so I don't hafta cook :) which can get expensive.

at any rate,.. I'm sure you'll like hanging around here as much as I do. Its just nice to see/read other posts that you can relate to.
    Nice meeting you~
    Tandy
  6. singingirl

singingirl New Member

I went thru about 8 or more years of testing and procedures before I was finally dx'd. I was really beginning to think I was crazy. It was a major relief to me when they said I had Fibro.

My husband was praying that it would not be Fibro, but I told him "look, I hurt everyday...if I have it I have it and nothing (except God) can change that. I am just relieved to know what is wrong with me"

He said looking at it like that was better.

Good luck to you, and God bless
  7. tinktink

tinktink New Member

I am also newly diagnosed and the message board has been very helpful to me. welcome and best wishes
  8. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

Thank you for the warm welcome.
  9. swiss

swiss New Member

I think a lot of us have went through the same thing- very sick for years and then finally diagnoised!! I know for me I felt I finally had something to call my pain and fatigue and therefore felt less guilty and able to attempt to treat some of the symptoms. Welcome to the group and I hope you get lots of info and support.

Michele
  10. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Welcome to our little home,
    it is a relief to know FINALLY what is going on, I have had CFS for over 13 yrs and was finally dx a couple of years ago, and the pain from Fibro for me gets to the point of going insane. I hope you get some relief from Flexeril.
    take care and love to all, Ann
  11. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

My husband likes me taking Flexeril cause I don't snore as much.

P.S. I don't have sleep apnea, I had a sleep study done about a year ago.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2006]