DIAL 211 for help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 3gs, Apr 19, 2009.

1. 3gs

3gs New Member

This number is statewide. Help with meals,cleaning,groceries,meds etc.
    just ask what you need help with.
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I dialed it and spilled my guts out to the wonderful lady who answered the phone. LOL, it just all started coming out, I hadn't intended on telling her everything I deal with.
    I almost started to cry.

Anyway, I am so grateful that there's just one number to call to get all these services now. It's about freaking time! lol

Thank you 3gs.

3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Is this nationwide?? Tee...what did that wonderful woman say?? I'm flabbergasted!! What, Who, I mean I'm not sure what to think!!

4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

But it says they don't serve my area :(
  5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

That cannot be... omg. You have such bad luck Hon.. sorry.. *hugs*

When I called there was a really nice lady who didn't know much about CFS or FMS but was interested in learning. She was pretty much blown away by how bad off I am. She really listened and cared and assured me that I could get assistance. I'm not going to use it right now but now I have peace of mind knowing that I have live people who will help me get the help I need.

I believe they've basically coordinated all the various service companies out there, like Meals on Wheels etc... she said people can help with your laundry and other things you may need.

6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

No help for my area either...that sucks:(

7. 3gs

3gs New Member

I will go back to where I got this because they said Every state had it!

also have you guys seen a booklet called 55? My state puts it out and it lists all services for everything. also colleges have students who help out.

Tee what help do you need?
  8. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I figured they might be expanding it to other areas, glad they plan to.

I'm unable to do much anymore so I need help with everything. But my hubby does it all right now. I told him about it and I'm encouraging him to use it to help us. He's stubborn so I don't think he will right now, but circumstances can change. I'd have help come in anyway but my sleep schedule is all over the clock and I need sleep more than anything when I can finally get it so I can't schedule people to come in right now.

But it's wonderful to know it's there. This way my hubby can go away for awhile, or if something bad happens to him I won't have a hard time figuring out how to get the help I need. Right now, I just needed to know it's there for peace of mind. :)

Thanks for caring. :)

[This Message was Edited on 04/23/2009]