Dialysis and Immune system shut down as treatment?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippen, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Hippen

Hippen New Member

Okay I am going out on a limb here and just wanted to post some weird thoughts I have been having...I stress THE WEIRD PART!!!!!!! I know that kidney dialysis filters the blood to help the kidneys out...do you think that this could help us??????? Also, there is a process that can shut the immune system down...dangerous...but it has been done for rapid drug detox in hospitals before. I also think it has been done for organ transplants before. The key is we have a faltering immune system..so like we reboot our computers, we shut everything down and restart it. I know this may sound crazy to some of you but my mind wonders sometimes in hopes that there is an answer out there somewhere. Please post any replies or thoughts or hopes you may have in your minds...at this point nothing sounds to weird to me. Hippen
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

there were some posts about a "coma cure" or something last month, where the patient is placed into a coma for 3 months to "reset" the immune system. I think some success is found, but who could afford it?
  3. Hippen

Hippen New Member

sounds like three months could be very expensive...the immune shut down i speak of is shorter in duration...like maybe 4 or 5 days in the hospital. I hope others reply on this idea...any docs out there? Hippen
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Three months of pure rest, ahhhhhhhh!! June
  5. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

and I have often wondered why are we not treated with hiv drugs??? The ones that will boost the immune system.

And if they can make ms & lupus & parkinsons go into remission with certain drugs why are we not trying those same drugs??? We have a lot of the same exact symptons of the other diseases, about 90% of them, all mixed together so therefor our little stupid all in our head fibro & cfs are every bit as bad, painful, debilitating as the others but we are looked at as lazy. We have worse than ms, lupus, parkinsons, myasthenia, etc cuz we have them all.

Pretty darn simple really.

Jaci
  6. Hippen

Hippen New Member

But what would we say to these Hiv docs...or would it matter what we said? I just think that if we had our blood cleaned out...it would ease the stress we have on our immune systems...so that maybe we could filter things out easier. How would we even go about getting dialysis ordered for us? LOL If doctors would only understand how sick our bodies were...and how badly we need some of the alternative treatments. Thanks for replying...Hippen