Diane has passed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ConfusedInPA, Jan 29, 2018.

1. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

This is Kevin, Diane;s husband.

The light of my life has been extinguished. Diane died sometime this morning, between 3 am and 6 am. Yesterday morning, she mentioned that she thought she was coming down with the flu. By 1 am today, she was having some trouble breathing, but didn't want me to take her to the ER. I gave her a Mucinex, and her breathing eased, and she fell asleep. I stayed awake to keep an eye on her, until I fell asleep around 3 am.

I know she cared about the people here, she talked about you a lot.

Please be kind to one another.
  2. springwater

springwater Well-Known Member

I am shocked and sorrowful to hear. I have often wondered about dear Diane. And prayed too. I ask God to wrap her soul in His pure energy.

I ask God to be with you too, Kevin. We are with you in this moment of bereavement. I hope her kitties Beatty and rest are well.

My heart is heavy. Thank you for letting us know.

God bless
  3. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, Kevin! I am so sorry to hear this. I'm hoping you know that you were also the light of her life. Thank you for letting us know...you will be in our thoughts and hearts.
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Dear Kevin,

So very sorry to hear about Dear Diane. She was such a dear person and so many of us loved and missed her when she was off the PORCH. She was a lovely, sweet and sensitive person. She will be missed by many and by me for sure. You are in my thoughts and prayers

Love,
    Granni/Marilyn
  5. JBsVINEYARD

JBsVINEYARD Member

Dear Kevin...

So very sorry to hear of Diane's passing..you both will be in my prayers.

JB
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear Kevin,

Diane was a beautiful person and someone I counted as a dear friend. I am so very sorry. I pray God holds her in the palm of His hand in Heaven and sends you His blessed comfort at this sad time. Kevin, you have friends here and we send our love to you. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Judy, thank you for sharing this. I appreciate it.

Love, Mikie
  7. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

Kevin: I'm in total shock about Diane. She was such a sweet caring lady, loved you and your kitties immensely , hated doctors with a passion who brought on so much of her anxiety. I will pray for you as you make this transition in your life. I'm so very very sorry that you've lost her. I pray that she is at peace now with God, to whom we all go when we leave this journey on earth. Take care and heal. And if you feel like it, come here and share more about her. It's funny how we get to know and love people just by long distance whom we've never met.
  8. dmcduck

dmcduck Well-Known Member

Kevin, I never 'met' Diane, but I am so sorry for your loss.
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin

Diane was a wonderful member of our porch group. She often said you were taking care of
    her and mentioned the three kitties: Rosie, Beathie, and I can't remember the third. (Well,
    I have Alz now; don't remember much.)

She also said the two of you were going to the harbor a couple years ago to look at the giant yellow duckie, but then she didn't feel up to it.

I hope you have people around you who can help. Thanks for letting us know.

Best, Rock
  10. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Kevin, I am so very sorry to hear about Diane. I'm shocked by the news. She was always so kind and caring and will be greatly missed by us all. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  11. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Kevin,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Diane was well loved here.
    May God comfort you and give you peace and strength as only He can.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  12. Starlight74

Starlight74 Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Although I'm still a fairly new- comer here, it didnt take long for me to realise how loved and how very much, a part of this Porch family she was.(& still is)
    As are you, through Dianne and the way she shared about you and your beloved cats.
    I re-iterate, please feel free to stop in,
    perhaps when some of the sting has left.
    Praying for you and yours...
  13. kswebb

kswebb Member

Don't come to this site much anymore as my life has become overwhelming so I cut out many social sites I belonged to, but I do check in once in awhile and something told me to this week.
    This news about Diane breaks my heart.........she is actually one of the only members that I exchanged private messages with. Looked back and it was about 2 years ago that we messaged. Her sweet soul did shine in even this cyber world. I pray she is at peace and I pray for you too Kevin. Know she touched so many people and made a difference in my life thru our messages.
  14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi KS

We shared a message site 2 years ago; started by Alyssa on the topic of brain fog. I've been studying your avatar. I first thought you were holding a short golf bag with the McDonald's logo on it. But maybe it's a dachshund wearing a coat.

Yes, Diane was a wonderful person. We will miss her. In fact we have been missing her for
    the past 6 months.

Kevin, as Sun and Star said, come back whenever you like.

Hugs
    Rock
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, KS,

I'm sorry life has become overwhelming. Right now, I'm barely sleepwalking through mine so I understand. Diane made such a difference in all our lives. Her kindness and caring nature endeared her to us.

I hope you're doing better. Stop in on the Porch if you can. Lotsa love over there.

Love, Mikie
  16. kswebb

kswebb Member

Hi Rock.........my avatar is me and my dachshund, CoCo Bean, wearing a pink Green Bay Packers jersey! CoCo is my heart and would be lost without her.

Thank you for replying to me. Have always enjoyed your posts and sense of humor! Hope you are taking care of yourself.

Blessings~

Kelly
    rockgor likes this.
  17. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

I'd like to thank all of you. I haven't spent more than a few hours alone, since Diane started having health troubles, back in 2006. Now, I'm alone all the time. And it's messed me up. I got up this morning at 9:40 am, and didn't eat breakfast until 3:00 pm. That's not good for a diabetic.

Months ago, Diane told me that if anything happened to her, I couldn't follow her. I had to stay healthy for the kitties. And I will, because I promised to, and because I love them, just like she did. But it isn't easy. I cry a lot, and I'm not much of a crier. I'll cry myself out, and seem to be okay, but then I'll think about something I'd like to tell her, and start all over again.

Springwater, she was fond of you, and talked about you all the time.

Julie, she thought of you as a friend, and talked about you so much, I feel like I know you and Den.

Granni, she talked about you quite a bit.

Mikie, she thought of you as a friend, too. Aside from me, you were probably her best friend.

Sun, she talked about you quite often.

Rock, You were one of Diane's favorite people. She always read your posts aloud, because she loved your sense of humor, and your posts always touched her heart.

To everyone else, I'm sorry I didn't get to you by name, but I'm crying again.

Following her wishes, she's to be cremated. I've already picked the spot where she'll sit, in a cabinet I can see from my chair, so I can talk to her. And on the opposite wall, I'm going to hang a portrait of her that I'm having made from a picture I took on her birthday, back before she got sick. And I'm going to choose a plot for myself, maybe in my family graveyard. And when I die, I'll be buried there, with Diane's urn in the coffin with me.

The plot will face east, so she can see the sunrise. She loved the sunrise. I hate sunrise, but for her, I'll put up with it.
    Starlight74, bct, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  18. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Dear, dear Kevin...thank you for checking back in with us. I can't even begin to imagine the grief. Do you have someone you can talk to, or a support group you can join if you feel too alone? Grief has no timeline, but as you stated, you need to continue to take care of yourself...for Diane and the kitties' sakes. I can understand just not feeling very hungry, and just feeling like your world has spun out of control.

Come here anytime to just check in or to chat. Are you still at the same job where you can work at the office or from home at times? You are in our prayers...please take care.
  19. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Kevin, I am truly heartbroken at the loss of Diane. We played so many games together on the Homebound Board and she posted lots of beautiful music videos too.

I am praying for you and can't imagine what you're going through. Please take care of yourself and the precious kitties too.

Stay in touch with us, please. GB
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear Kevin,

Dear One, your grief is so raw right now. It helps to cry when those waves of grief wash over you. We are here for you to offer our prayers, love and support. I wish there were more we could do. Please take good care of yourself and try to rest and eat as best you can.

In time, you might want to find a bereavement group. My friend, Joe, lost his wife four years ago and he finds the friends he has made at his group a great comfort. We never stop missing our loved ones who have passed but, in time, the pain is less raw and acute. Memories of our loved ones comfort us instead of causing us pain, even when we are missing them. I hope you also have some family and friends who can help you through this sad and difficult time. I know that right now, you feel devastated. I am praying that God holds you in the palm of His hand. I know Diane is safe in Heaven but I know you wish she were here. How much we miss our loved ones is a testament to how much we love them and how much they love us.

Again, please come here and we will do our best for you. Diane was a beloved member of our Online Family and so are you. Sending love, hugs and prayers.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]