Diaper like rash in same place

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lesleyjoy, Aug 27, 2006.

1. lesleyjoy

lesleyjoy New Member

Hi I 49 and have had cfs for many years. Over the last 2 months have developed a sore,red, flat non itchy rash between the buttocks similiar to chaffing but not caused by exercise. It can be cleared with a strong anti-inflammatory cream but can return quickly...my doctor says it's like nappy rash or contact dermatitis! I can't think of what might be causing it besides another glitch in my immune system! Has antone else experienced symptoms like this?
  2. IMHOT

IMHOT New Member

lesley
    I cant believe it. I have had fm for about 23 years and the same thing happened to me just the past few months for the first time. It is painful and embarassing. I have it in the same exact place as you . My husband said it could be from sweating. It just frustrates me when these weird things happen and I don't know the reason. Nonetheless I use vaseline and it clears up within 24 hours. Good luck!..........
    imhot
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

You might have yeast. Try Lotrimin AF (yes the stuff for feet). My family doc put me wise to this years ago for both my kids.

Michelle
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

to try zeasorb it is a anti fungal powder my daughter has a similar problem and has for years the dr told me to powder her under wear everyday. it seems to keep it away but like you said if you stop it the rash comes back good luck charlene
  5. lesleyjoy

lesleyjoy New Member

Thanks for your replies. My rash is not yeast related at all and each time it lasts for a week or more. With my CFS luckily I've never had any skin related problems It's obviously an immune allergy of some kind. Guess the next step is to see a dermatologist. Once again thanks folks.
  6. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

I don't know what you use for laundry detergent, but that combined with warm moist areas (from sweat or naturally moist places) can make a rash. Good luck at the dermatologist!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2006]
  7. IMHOT

IMHOT New Member

please try the vaseline It really does work !!!
  8. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

I've had one on the front thigh of both legs (right where the panties elastic band goes across) and another large area on my lower back that had been here for 8 weeks when I finally gave up and went to dr.

I had tried hydrocortison cream since it itched me to death but that really did nothing. I switched to lotrimine thinkin it might be athletes type of rash...that did nothing... I then tried monostat cream thinking it could be yeast...walla it began to get better but after 2 weeks it was still there and flaring up at times so off to pcp

he gave me a nystatin and triamcinolone cream and withing 6 days it was almost completely gone. No doubt now it was yeast related rash.

I had recently moved and was beginning to think I was allergic to my new house or worse yet my new house.

Never had a rash in my life outside of poision oak.