Diarreaha... Check your fridge temperature!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Prunella, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Prunella

Prunella New Member

The last few months I have been getting diarreha and a poisoned feeling off and on. That is something I used to get all the time, but I thought I was mostly over that, so I was puzzled.

I bought a refrigerator thermometer on a whim and found out that our fridge temp has been between 40 and 45 degrees and that is on the coldest setting. Anything over 40 is not safe. The ideal temp is 37 or 38 degrees. Our fridge is 14 yrs old, so we have decided to replace it.

Just thought I'd share my experience in case it would help others.

By the way, I am thinking of getting a stainless steel fridge because the model fits our space and we could have it by friday. I have heard they are hard to keep clean. I only use natural products for cleaning, so I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on caring for stainless appliances. My other choice would not be available till Sept. 12. We have an awkward space to work with. Any thoughts?
  2. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

And I actually found that baby shampoo works well for getting finger prints off & keeping them them gone.

There are some places that have specialty cleaners for stainless steel appliances, but the all natural ones are hard to find and about $40 for a bottle that will last a few months.
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

We try to keep ours as cold as possible and the freezer at 0.

I have a stainless front small refrigerator up here in my office and it doesn't show any fingerprints. But we have a stainless microwave and that does show all prints.

I think it depends on the type of stainless used. Check the refrigerator yourself to see how well it deals with fingerprints.

We also have a stainless steel sink, but I think it lasts better than porcelain. We've been happy with it.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I use a baking soda paste and then buff with a clean cotton cloth. It works great with no toxic chemicals.

Jan
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

If you aren't part of the "lifestyles of rich and famous club", you know, the ones that can afford to change appliances every few years to match new decor, then stainless may not be best choice. It's a bit of a fad look, and will go the way of avacodo green appliances w/in a decade for sure. And we still have and are using one of those avacodo dreams, ack. Fridges last a mighty long time, almost too long.

Jeanne