Diarrhea ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chickadee, May 29, 2003.

1. chickadee

chickadee New Member

Just read a long thread about constipation. Lots of good ideas tossed out for that one. Hope I can get some suggestions for the opposite problem.
    I don't think what happens to me is exactly diarrhea. I usually have a bowel movement when I first get up in the morning. But, if I have to go somewhere, I am fine usually until I get dressed and ready to get in the car and then it starts. I have to go NOW for another bowel movement. And then again, and again. If I take Immodium or dr. prescribed Levbid, it takes a couple of hours to kick in and then I am constipated the next day. I don't dare go somewhere unless I know for sure that they have an easily accessable rest room. When I do go somewhere, I pick my route by where I know I could find a restroom if I HAD to go. I've missed a lot of things that I could have otherwise gone to because of this. Had to cancel dr. appointments, etc. because I couldn't get there. Anybody got any suggestions short of wearing depends?
  2. billiegail

billiegail New Member

I never get constipation. I wish I did sometimes. I have to wear pads or panty liners and I had a hysterectomy two years ago. I am always having accidents and I am just sick of it. No medication works and everything I eat or drink causes it. It is an embarrassment. I am unable to work or go certain places that don't have a restroom.
    It is sad really and I hope when I have this colon thing done in the next few months, it will find the problem.
    God bless and hope someone can help you on it.
  3. Notonline

Notonline New Member

I know where every bathroom and wooded area is within a 20 mile radius of home! LOL I've had IBS since I was 13, it has controled social occasions, family dinners, and made even going to school and work in the past more than interesting some days.

You might want to give the post by Memorylane on probiotics a read...I'll bump it up.

I started on these myself awhile back...and although they haven't been a miracle cure (a great deal of stress in my life somedays), I have noticed a difference for the better...as my little "episodes" do not seem as frequent anymore.

Danny
  4. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

This could be a sign of candida overgrowth, the lack of good bacteria in the bowl can prevent normal function.

You need to take lots of Acidophilus, Jarro Dophilus is a good one to help replace it.

You also need something like OLE/Oil of oregano or Grepefruit Seed Extract to eliminate the yeast growth.

If you go this route, be sure to take these well seperately.
    and the pro biotics between meals (have to keep these in the fridge)

I would suggest 3 days of the killer stuff first, then introduce the pro biotics.

Good luck

Love Pat.
  5. Dara

Dara New Member

constipation and diharrea (sp??) in the same "sitting". I have a lot of pain until the diharrea starts, then I'm OK, as far as the pain goes. I also have noticed that fatigue plays a large role. I don't know which starts first, but they go hand in hand. I can almost tell ahead of time if I'm going to have the problem. I get so fatigued I feel like I'm drugged, then the stomach starts reacting, or I start with the IBS and by the time I'm done I'm so fatigued I have to go to bed.

Dara
  6. sweeti8991

sweeti8991 New Member

the diarrhoea/ pain cycle I found was relieved by giving up wheat and dairy products. as soon as I go near these products the cycle starts again
    Karen
  7. MildredAnn

MildredAnn New Member

I, too, had the same problems you are having. I went to an allergist for food allergy testing and have started weekly shots and illiminated food to which I was allergic. My diet, which would be different for each person, now mainly consists of meat, low carb veggies, nuts, and cheese. I also found that magnesium and sorbitol are triggers for my system. I avoid sorbitol by reading labels, eat on fresh cooked items, and take 3 calicum pills per say, one in the A.M, Noon, and at night. These calicum pills have either no, or a small amount, of maganesium. Hope this helps. Good luck. Mildred
  8. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

I too have the same problem, but, at least it's better now than it was. I too agree with whoever wrote when the fatigue is up so is the diarrhea. I have had some success with the following:

Eliminate what your are allergice to,,,for me it was dairy and chocolate

Start taking probiotics

The problem may be yeast,,,,eliminate refined flour and sugar from your diet and go to your health food store and get something that will cleanse the yeast from your intestines,,,,I use Yeast Cleanse

Best of luck to you. Tulip