diclofenac gel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by tjo, Feb 16, 2013.

1. tjo

tjo Member

I've had FM for 10+ years. Just last week my pain Dr. recommended Voltaren to rub onto my skin where my muscles ache and it seems to work pretty good. Why hadn't he recommended this before now? I also take Fentanyl patch, muscle relaxer and Percocet for breakthrough pain. Just wanted to share this for others who might like to try the gel.
  2. IanH

IanH Active Member

did nothing for my FM which in my case was deeper seated tendon and muscle pain and part of ME/CFS.
    However it is known that some people's FM includes small fibre neuropathy which could be helped by topical diclofenac. It is not a regular prescription for FM. I would be interested to see if it continues to work longer term.
  3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I use it on my hands and feet...they feel arthritic sometimes. Doc said it's best used on areas w less "meat" between the skin and joints. I also used it on my shoulders for joint pain. I think they mainly give it for arthritis.