Did a/o in the UK see a report on Granada reports last week

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Aug 11, 2005.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I'm in Liverpool and I think this only covers local news in the Merseyside area but it may have been covered on other local news channels in the UK? I only caught the tail-end of the report but it looked very interesting - it said something about a new finding re: CFS and the possibility of a drug that will help us to live more normally...I don't know if it mentioned this drug as something that would lead to long-term recovery or something that would last only as long as the drug was taken?

Did any one else see this who could fill in the gaps? Sorry if this has already been covered. It was about a week ago but I haven't had much of an opportunity to be on the boards right now...

Would love to know if a/o else caught this and could tell us more about it...or direct me to the thread if it's already been covered?

Thanks so much, Shelbo :)
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

it sounds like it's talking about recent research in Glasgow and London, I think.

Tansy has posted on this and you will find it in her profile , posted 20 July - article on gene expression ....

Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 08/11/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/12/2005]
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

posts on Dr Gow's and Dr Kerr's gene expression on the topic at http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=598782&B=FM#598782

Dr Kerr's research has illustrated other changes in gene expression including one related to organo phosphates which is similar to that found in GWS.

How are you doing?

love Tansy