Did anyone else experience this when they eliminated foods/Detox?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Mar 3, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I have been on an elimination/food sensitivity diet for three days. I am eating but just not tons of the heavy breads and no sugar. I was very heavy into all of the above before Wed. Well both nights I woke up in the middle of the night with sweats and my tummy felt a little sick but during the day I feel fine. The other thing I noticed is that I have very big dark circles underneath my eyes. They were slight before but now no cover up is working. The nurse said I would feel sick but I am not sure if this is related to my diet. I have not lost any weight either. I thought I would have more intenstinal or stomach upset issues all day. Maybe the worse is yet to come. She said around day 5-7 I should feel it.

Anyone have withdraw symptoms like mine if that is what I am experiencing?
    [This Message was Edited on 03/03/2006]
  2. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I started the same thing in Dec...I had all the same things you are talking about...Plus terrible fatigue..

I think it does take time...A long time..

I know with me..I ate the junk my whole life...So I know it will take forever to get out of me..

I can tell you...It does get better..slowly...I have not had any night sweats for a little while now..and my stomach is better..touchy..but better..

I am really finding things that cause a problem with my stomach..Just lately I noticed that I have a problem with corn...I never knew it...So now I am avoiding corn and feel better.

Just drink lots of water and keep your bowels moving..Some tips I was given..and I do think they are the most important.

Good luck!..You just need to be patient.
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

i am glad to knwo that it is not just me! It's weird how it makes us feel good to have common symptoms with everyone. I just can't believ emy body reacting so quickly. I am fatigued but it is hard to say from what. I also started the Jarros-2 pills two weeks ago and enzyme Rx 3 pills twice a day.

Sheryl I have been tested and I am positive for yeast but did not come up sensitive to it which means I can have it once I guess my overgrowth is cleared up. I am still having some of it now though b/c it was too much to restrict all of the grains and sweet fruits etc. I would have nothing to eat!!I have CFS but I think I had a poor diet way before I got CFS last year.
    So funny you mentioned corn. I am sensitive to it so it is on my yellow list I can try to add it back in 6 months from now. But it is so hard to find foods that do not have corn or potatoe starch in them!
  4. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Me again...

I was just over on the thread you had going for sugars...LOL and now back here..

So..what do you mean by the yellow list..I am not familiar with the diet you are on...I have just been doing things on my own..

If I have a problem with corn..does that mean I would have a problem with potatoes??..I still eat potatoes every night..They don't seem to bother my stomach...I know that doesn't mean anything..

Now last night I didn't have any and today I do feel somewhat better...I just had someone else mention to me that the fall into the dark veggies...I am not sure what that means...But maybe I should try advoiding them for a while and see what happens..

I just can not get full...so I need things like potatoes to make me full since I no longer have bread or chips..I'm sure you know the feeling..

I would love to hear more about your diet..How were you tested and where??
  5. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Hang in there, girl! Good for you that you're improving your diet and overall health.

It will get better, just hang in there. Drink lots of fluids, like filtered water or green drinks. Green drink will help alkalize you and facilitate the detox.

You're doing a great thing for yourself!!

Hugs to you,

skierchik
  6. SherylD

SherylD Guest

bumping for Jane..
  7. jane32

jane32 New Member

but then I see my family eating italian cakes and I want one so bad. I literally have dreams about junk food now. It is crazy!!

Sheryl... I bumped a previous post about Leap on the boards.

My diet is broken down into green foods-can eat, yellow foods-can't eat for 6 months or after I am donhe the first five phases of the diet and then red foods never!!! The yellow foods you add in one at a time to see if you have a reaction. This test is based on your blood therefore results are different for everyone. It is also more detailed then just eating for your blood type.

I don't really have stomach issues but I did years ago. I just know my body is fighting off EBV and whatever else makes up my CFS so instead of having my body fight intself from what I am eating I decided to have the test done. Some of the foods like on my red list cause no known reaction to me but my cells don't like it if that makes sense. I believe if you look up Leap test there should be a website for it.

Well I was taking so many meds I need to feel full as well but I just made my first batch of Spelt bisquits and they are so good well once you add butter and salt. But anything would taste good right now. I also had spelt flakes with warm milk last night so good! I am pretty shocked I like the food. Now once I get past phase 1 I move on to phase 2 and I can add one new green food on my list every other day. I think the first thing I add back in will be wheat then chicken. I actually have not had meat in four years but now that my body is hungry I will have anything that is allowed!!!!

I am actually gaining weight on this b/c I can have butter but no other oils right now. Olives are on my yellow list. I can have salt though which is good b/c that helps my low bp and I feel a difference in energy levels from that. I am eating tons of my allowed nuts now too which are high in fat but I don't really care about gaining weight right now.

Let me kmow if you have any other questions or if anyone else does!
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

because it cleans up your lymphatics and blood.

I took the recommended dose of proteolytic enzymes, which was 3 at a time for joint muscle pain and it worked, but hokey doodle did it knock me on my butt w/ a herx. Needless to say I take just one now, or one proteolytic and one digestive together.

And yes, you can definitely get food w/drawal symptoms.

Jeanne
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

10. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I don't know what my problem is...but I can't find the post you bumped for me on the leap...LOL

Can you do it again sometime??

Thanks
  11. jane32

jane32 New Member

Jeanne thanks..maybe it is a combination of everything. Today I am very lethergic but I also got my feve4r cycle. However, when I usually get my fevers I have aches and chills ..it feels like the flu but this is judst tiredness and fevers...WHo knows? But I have no other choice but to just go with it!

Sheryl...I will bump the other post again.