Did anyone get ill with CFS or FM after vaccinations?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shanwill, Mar 6, 2006.

1. shanwill

shanwill Member

Just curious if anyone else thinks they actually got CFS/ME/FM after being vaccinated?
    I believe this is what triggered my CFS.

If yes, or know of someone, did you take or do anything that helped you get better or improve your symptoms and immune system? My two biggest complaints would be fatigue (the kind you can't explain to those who don't have it :) and brain fog. Ofcourse there are more, but these are the most debilitating.

Thanks for the response.
    Shannon
  2. Frecker777

Frecker777 New Member

When I first got sick my freshman year of college, I had gotten a flu shot earlier that week. I have no idea if this is a true connection or a mere coincidence.
    -Carrie
  3. SeaShel

SeaShel New Member

I got horribly sick 6 weeks after a measles shot. I had the measles as a kid, but the anti-bodies did not show up when I was pregnant. They "made" me (I didn't know I could refuse at the time) have a shot before I left the hospital after having my son.

I had a very nasty unexplained "virus" during high school that I was never quite the same after. (In bed 3 months, looked like mono but no positive mono test). One dr. I spoke to feels that the cfids started with that high school virus, then reactivated from the measles shot. I got mono several months after the measles shot and bad illness, and I have never been well since. I hung on and tried to work for another year or two, but it was a disaster. I haven't worked for over 10 years now.

Several years ago back in the day of Prodigy bulletin boards online, there were more than a few of us that had similar stories of getting very sick 4-6 weeks after measles shots (and maybe others, I don't remember) and never getting well again. I absolutely do not allow my son to have any more shots, and I don't have any either. I did get one flu shot about 8 years ago and have an ugly red mark from it still. Never again!

Shelley
  4. kbak

kbak Member

but I wouldn't ever get another vaccine. Because I worked on an ambulance, I had to have the Heb B series. Then when I started doing disaster relief out of the country, I got the Heb A series.

Since that time I've done a lot of research on vaccines. I found that many health care provider's have come down with CFS/fibro, lymes, ect. I also found out that Heb A has diploid cells in it ( cultured in fetal cells) so that means I have someone eles's DNA in me. They claim that their sterilized, but look at the polio vaccine contaminated with a monkey virus that they know causes cancer.

So if the vaccines didn't cause my DD, they certainly could have contributed to it. Now that I'm sick, I'm sure not going to inject any questionable substance into my body ever again.

K.
  5. dobrydy

dobrydy New Member

My son became completely disbled 5 years ago after vaccination with hepB vaccine at school. He is 14 now and his life is completely and irreversibly destroyed, as well as everybody else's in the family.
    Many doctors know that hep b vaccination and others cause CFS. To make drug companies to admit it is presently impossible.
  6. shanwill

shanwill Member

I too had the HEP B vaccine and believe this is the culprit and have read many Canadian reports by Dr Byron Hyde in Ottawa.
    www.nightingale.ca
    Unfortunately I have neither the funds or travel ability to see him. If anyone has, pls let me know.

It's a shame to learn the hard way about vaccines, I will never take them again........
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

after flu shot.
    AC
  8. Staceymarie

Staceymarie New Member

I posted on this before and asked the same question because I was never sick a day in my life until I was vaccinated. Before I could go to college, I had to get several vaccinations and my life has been turned upside down ever since.
  9. elliespad

elliespad Member

I had a tetanus shot around 1970 and got SO PROFOUNDLY ILL, I LITERALLY thought I might die. I NEVER had a vaccine since that day and NEVER will.
  10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I did get a flu shot around the time my symptoms were starting and I got really sick anyhow.I also think there could be a connection.
  11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

To Shannon and Friends,
    There is a Post "below" regarding Hep. B vaccination.Some interesting dialogue there also!!
    Thanks,
    MRDAD
  12. mimilove

mimilove New Member

What I find completely unbelievable is I posted re the same thing a few months ago and kept bumping and bumping I did not get a single post!!!! So finally I just deleted it! I suppose sometimes when it's the time, or for whatever reasons.

I posted that upon getting a revaccinnated again with the whole MMR, TB skin tests, that I grew grapes in my mouth; basically ulcers/blisters the size of grapes same color dark purple/black and bumps all over my head and that was to become a permanent resident in this country back in 1997 because I did couldn't show proof that I had ever been vaccinated as a baby.

Then I got a flu shot the next year at my work, was so sick with the flu for days. I must have just posted again in about 3 posts here about this.

I am now coming to the conclusion that it has a lot to do with the reason as to why I am where I am today.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/07/2006]
  13. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

i think i was starting to get ill, lightheaded alot & tired, but then i was offered the hep b vaccine by my employer, after that , i was much worse.
    so yes, i'd say it did trigger or do something to my immune system that eventually turned into cfs & fm.
    anne
  14. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I started getting sick after getting a flu shot. It definitely contributed to my getting CFS. Marie
  15. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It puts me down for 3 days.Linda
  16. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I swear. Anne Cromwell
  17. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

My family has also suffered!
    When I was to have my first child even though I already had measles I had to get the shot because the blod test showed I never had it. I thought it was the right thing to do. I also went ahead and had my children get theirs. I now have fibro and cfs, two child with Autism, one with Aspergers (high functioning Autism) and my third daughter has fibro. She is only 15!!
    I have 7 kids in all. None of us ever get any shots what so ever!!!!!!

Melinda
  18. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

after a flu shot in 1994. will not take any kind of vac anymore.
    I also recieved the polio vaccine in a sugar cube,as a kid at school.
    sixtyslady