Did anyone see Anderson Cooper on Oprah?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Jun 2, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

When Oprah asked Anderson what was the best advise his mother Gloria Vanderbelt ever gave him he said she told him to find his passion.

The Find His Passion......is what would you do that you would enjoy doing even if you didn't get paid.

What is your passion.........mine is being creative and taking care of animals, especially baby animals.
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

that A.C. was the son of G.V. until about a month ago.

Before I knew who Gloria Vanderbilt actually was, I read a book in our little town's library by her -- on the subject of collage. As a pre-teen, I thought she was completely brilliant! It was the first time I've ever seen a book on such an interesting subject. I went home and took a bunch of scraps and made tons of stuff, and I love collage to this day because of it.

I'm not really sure, but it is possible that the book had a picture of her w/her family -- it would be fun to see what A.C. looked like back then!
  3. livin4him

livin4him New Member

for some reason today her perfume crossed my mind. It took me back to my teenage years, I thought, I'll just look at Walmart today when I go and see if it is there and try some on. And it was and I sprayed some on and it brought back a flood of wonderful memories of feeling good. Oh, how, I miss those days - just to wake up and feel good. It has been too many years since I had one of those days.

Anyway, my passion is cosmetology, it is my gift from God. And I love using my gift on elederly and disabled people - if only I could, I would. Maybe one day...
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Everything! I had so many passions and interests back when I was more able to do things. I cooked elaborate meals, started teaching myself to play a few musical instruments, did portrait art, read, read, read, reseached psychology and science... I knew I would have to live forever, because there were so many things that fired me up. There was nothing that DIDN'T interest me!

At this point in my life, what I'm most involved with is comming here. My passion is finding out what you think about things and listening to your voices, and having an outlet for myself. I'm very, very grateful to have this message board.

I'm passionate about whatever I can get my hands on. I hope that over the years, a lot of new things will come my way. :)
    (( )) Shannon
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

:) I didn't see him on Oprah, by the way, but I did see him on the Conan O'Brien show. He has the cutest giggly laugh! I would tickle him all day if I could get my hands on him! lol
    ((xx Anderson!)) Shannon ;)
  6. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

When i was in high school, there was this special "Kids' News". It was delievered by teens and it was to help get us more in touch with current events. It was called "Channel One" and was about 15 min long everyday during our homeroom period. Anderson Cooper was one of the "kid" anchors! So were Serena Altchul (sp?) of MTV news, and many others that are now prominant and credible journalists. It was really inspiring.

Everytime I see Anderson, I can't help but picture him as a teen in my homeroom. It's scary to see him with gray hair!

-GoAskAlice
  7. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Anderson Cooper also gave as interview to Larry King with special emphasis on his Brother's sad suicide and the reactions of he and his mother at the time. Very open and touching interview!!
  9. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Wow. That is one powerful question actually!

My passion: My son
    He is my passion not only because he is my son. He is my passion because he almost never was.

I haven't shared this really on here and can't for the most part because it is too painful. We almost lost him during delivery. The cord was wrapped around his neck twice and the nurse didn't catch onto it until it was too late.

Each time I pushed I was strangling him and the contractions only made it worse. He was not breathing when I delivered him. He was sent to the Neonatal ICU where they helped get him where he needed to be.

My son is my passion because he is here with us now after fighting for his life and he deserves a wonderful caring Mother and Father who love him. Although I already knew I was going to be a good Mom, he makes me proud and I step up to the plate even on bad days to show him I am a fighter too.

kate
    [This Message was Edited on 06/03/2006]
  10. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

There are so many things that are my passion.

My main passion has always been encouraging others around me, those that are ill or not ill.

I have always been that way and I like to see the smile on the person's face, or the positive way a person types back to me.

However I would also say that my passion is just enjoying life the best that I can. No one promised me that I would not go through rough things or have chronic illnesses.

My passion is to enjoy the beauty around me, the delicacy of a rose and the wonderful smell of it, enjoying the trees and nature, and just enjoy living life and staying happy as much as I can.