Did anyone see christopher lowell show? Had Fibro story

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Dec 12, 2002.

1. achy

achy New Member

Christopher Lowell show is on discovery channel, I hardly ever watch him,,,was half sleeping...

he did an "inspirational segment" about a woman in Pensacola, Fla (I am in pensacola so it got my attention) who "suffers from a dibilitating illness called fibromyalgia"
    It wasn't too bad, but boy I wish I could do half of what this woman does! It said how she spends a lot of time watching TV and gets her inspirations for decorting her home...some of it is quite elaborate!
    Bit by bit I am seeing more and more references to Fibro...but a story like this makes me wonder....I am sure if Social security saw what she could do they would cut her disability check....

I'm sure it will be on again
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  2. achy

achy New Member

Christopher Lowell show is on discovery channel, I hardly ever watch him,,,was half sleeping...

he did an "inspirational segment" about a woman in Pensacola, Fla (I am in pensacola so it got my attention) who "suffers from a dibilitating illness called fibromyalgia"
    It wasn't too bad, but boy I wish I could do half of what this woman does! It said how she spends a lot of time watching TV and gets her inspirations for decorting her home...some of it is quite elaborate!
    Bit by bit I am seeing more and more references to Fibro...but a story like this makes me wonder....I am sure if Social security saw what she could do they would cut her disability check....

I'm sure it will be on again
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

CL was at our local Burlington Coat Factory outlet as they carry his products. He has one bedroom set that I die for. It is sooooo gorgeous, but the comforter alone is $300. By the time I would add drapes, sheets, and some pillows, I would have spent a small fortune. Guess I'll just have to continue to make do with the old cotton stuff I've been using for eight years or until I win the Lotto.

Ours was $78 million and no one won. I can't imagine what it will be by Sat. Lotto fever has definitely set in down here. The problem with the big ones is that there are usually multiple winners, so they end up with what would be a normal winning, not that I wouldn't be happy to take it:)

Love, Mikie
  4. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Oh I love that show! I used to watch him all the time to get decorating ideas. I haven't been watching lately tho,
    I have to wait until I'm in the mood (and for my flare to ease up a little) to start decorating again.
    I have to say he is very Motivating to watch.
    I'll have to see if I can catch the show. Do you recall what the theme was for that day so that I can look it up on his web site?

Thanks,
    HOB
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and I love his ideas....I just don't have the money or the stick-to-it-iveness to do these projects and I pay for it dearly when I start something because I become obsessed with a project until I finish....that means no sleep until its done....my husband hates it when I do this.
    I am glad shows are starting to include this illness of ours. I am concerned, too, that some people with the power to determine our futures ($$$) may see these type shows (where these people do all these tasks) and have their ideas reinforced that we can still work everyday.
    Love,
    Kady