Did anyone see the license number of the truck that just went by?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teacher, Jun 2, 2008.

1. teacher

teacher New Member

I think it ran over me! :eek:

I sure hope I can make it this last week of school. Between packing up my room, helping with Field Day for three mornings and getting my niece ready for graduation from high school, I don't think I'm gonna make it!

I hurt. I'm tired. My ankles and hands are swollen. I'm not sleeping well. Daily headaches. BUT I haven't killed anybody yet, so I guess that's a good thing. hee hee

Sure am looking forward to summer! I think the first thing I'll do is sleep for a few days and THEN clean my house.

Thanks for listening.

P.S. I know I don't post a whole lot, but it sure is nice to know that there's a group of people that know and understand.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I think I saw that truck. It had a vanity license plate (although it wasn't a van) that read DD is big letters.

How come you are getting your niece ready? Does she live w/ you?

Gary Larson had a cartoon about folks getting hit by the old age truck. That's another VV (vicious vehicle).

3. sisland

sisland New Member

I Feel for ya! You are doing a wonderful job,,,despite the DD,,,,,I'll say a prayer that your last few days will be easier!,,,,,,,And then it's Rest Time!,,,,,,,,Sis
  4. teacher

teacher New Member

I'm getting my niece ready because my sister dumped her on my parents when she was five and ran off. My parents were in no condition health wise, monetarily (retired), or age wise (they are now in their early 70's) to raise a kid. She lives with them due to this DD, but my spoon is still in the pot.

BTW, guess who has shown up after all these years and is trying to act like she's done it all!

Thanks for getting the license info. Now, I gotta find a lawyer. I think I'll sue for hit and run.

5. teacher

teacher New Member

Well how nice. How come you didn't pull me up there with you instead of leaving me behind! I thought you loved me :(
    hee hee

As of today, I only have a day and a half. My room is almost done. It looks like I'll have it all packed by tomorrow so all I have to do on Thursday is sign my next year's contract and turn in my keys.

What a relief.
  6. teacher

teacher New Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence and the prayers. Prayer is the only thing holding me together right now.

Sunday evening is looking real good right now. I'm going to turn my alarm off and just sleep until I wake up! Ahh, that's the life!

7. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

to you and all the dedicated teachers out there! You all deserve a great Summer Vacation! God Bless You.

8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Glad to hear tht youa re almost done with school. It is a hard job. Yes, you need a break and do enjoy it !!

You are allowed to sleep for at least the first few days !!

God bless and enjoy your summer !

Hugs and blessings,

9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

No, I didn't get the license plate but I wanted you to know it got me too.

Reading further I see you're going to sue. How bout we make it a class action suit?

Gentle hugs,
    Marta[This Message was Edited on 06/04/2008]
  10. teacher

teacher New Member

Thank you for your encouragement. I DO love what I do. I'm just tired now.

Marta, I think a class actin law suit is just what we need.

Isn't Rock a lawyer? Do ya think we can persuade him to get on board with this?

11. teacher

teacher New Member

Thank you so much for making sure my landing was soft. i couldn't have done it without you!

I've only got about an hour of packing left and then I can turn in my keys tomorrow at noon. Yippee!

Relatives have begun to roll in, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get on-line this weekend.

Supposed to be hot and humid here all weekend. That will be good since her grad party is Saturday afternoon.

Try to behave yourself while I'm gone.

BILLCAMO New Member

In fact , this week , he ran over me again ! I tried to flatten his tires with a knife , but , he had "no flat tires". LOL

BTW , it does no good to get his license number......He changes it every couple of days ! :>)

Enjoy your vacation !

Blessings ,

13. momof471

momof471 New Member

has come my way this week and has really done a number on me! You have a lot on your plate and I commend you for working through it.

Iwas at school as avolunteer and for activities for my daughter's this week and it was absolutely horrible! See my post of my Horrible Day!

I'm looking forward to being able to sleep in, because of not having to get my children ready for school and nointense sessions of trying to help 4 girls with their homework.

It will be nice.

Enjoy those nice relaxing summer days!

God Bless
  14. teacher

teacher New Member

That truck really flattened me this weekend! I'm in a serious CFS flare right now thanks to that driver!

Now that school is out and the kid has graduated, I think it is time to seriously consider a class action lawsuit on that truck, the driver, and anybody else we can think of! (hee hee) Do you think marta would be interested in joining us?

Wake me up when y'all's ready to file! ;)

15. teacher

teacher New Member

Kiddie graduated and is now job hunting so she can afford books in the fall. She will be attending a local college, but will be living on campus. She didn't want to, but I figured I needed the sleep! lol

Kids are funny. She's been a pain clear up to this last week. It's like she realized that her life is getting ready to change and it's scaring her. She's literally sticking to me like I'm glue or something.

The graduation ceremony was actually a graduation and an aging ceremony. They called each child's entire name as they crossed the stage, presented them with their diploma and the student then proceeded to a small podium. They stood on the podium a moment for photo ops, and then stepped down. When they stepped down, the speaker repeated their name but added "Mister" or "Miss" to their name. The student left the stage as an adult.

It was quite fascinating. I had never seen that before. I really liked it.

The crowd was funny. They yelled for the academics just as vigorously as they yelled for the sports. Even more so when someone was announced as being a member of National Honor Society.

My baby was the first one annouced for NHS (She was third in line). The room was quiet for a split second and then erupted in a collective "Yes!" and it was pandemonium for the rest of the night for all NHSers. One lady was overheard saying "There sure are a lot of smart people in this class!" We did not laugh until we got home.

Her mother acted like she had sense all weekend! Whoo hoo! So did my dad! Whoo hoo, whoo hoo!

Now I can stop worrying about stuff. Except Facebook. She wants a Facebook page! She's only 17! I told her she could have one but she couldn't post any pictures. I don't need some pervert stalking MY underage baby! She'll be 18 in the fall we'll renegotiate then. :)