Did Dr. Evil steal your mojo?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Sep 23, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Watching the Ryder Cup golf matches today, I heard Johnny Miller say, "maybe Dr. Evil stole Phil Mickelson's mojo."

I couldn't think of a more apt description for how I feel today.

How is your mojo today?

Kholmes
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

The title got me giggeling! Sorry for being such a darn immigrant, but what is "mojo"?

Hugs
  3. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Dr. Evil stole my 'get up and go' for sure! Wonder how I can get it back?

Funny post Kholmes. Thanks for the laugh!

Marion
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Oh, the birth mark,, I've seen it,,,,LOL!
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

"Mojo" in the Austin Powers movies is the mysterious substance that gives Austin his vitality, energy, and virility. I guess the French would call it our "elan vital."

In the song, "LA Woman," by the Doors, "Mr Mojo Risin'" doesn't really mean anything; it's just an anagram (same letters in different order) for "Jim Morrison."

I just learned that "mojo" is a term that goes back to American blues of the 1920s. Some think that it is a corruption of the word, "magic." In Delta blues lyrics, it refers to a love spell used against someone, or it's a euphemism for sex or the libido. It can also refer to a good luck charm or an object used for good or evil in African-American hoodoo practice, i.e. in a bag of amulets.

(Slang dictionaries are helpful).
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2006]
  6. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I use that word all the time when describing how my meds have stolen my libido.

I was in the chat one day and the person was trying to say that ADs and decreased their libido without being offensive...so I just asked...Have you lost your mojo? LOL

Stehpanie
  7. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Dr. Evil (cfids) stole my mojo!!! :)

Love those movies.....anything w/ Mike Meyers (hysterical).
  8. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

I think I just forgot where I put mine (along with everything else lol)

Gretchen